Why use an online telemental health consent form?
If you are a licensed clinician, obtaining informed consent is both ethically and legally required before starting your practice. This way, clients will be able to decide if they are fit for your telemental health approach. Also, the form will make clients aware of the risks (if any), and their responsibilities. Having your clients sign a telemental health consent form will be useful for any unforeseen situations in the future.
How to create a good telemental health consent form?
While forms.app’s free telemental health consent form template includes standard statements and fields, the content can vary according to the clinical approach. So, you can edit the form, remove some fields, or add new statements and questions. Further, considering some points about the consent forms may help you create a better and clearer form.
- Write the statements as direct as possible: As a clinician, you have to make sure that your clients understand the procedure and your methods. Then, they will have to give consent to this process. To be able to do that, you may try writing the descriptions basic and clear.
- Include separate questions regarding the client and signer: Sometimes, the clients are not able to sign the form and give you consent. In these cases, the legal guardian of the client has to sign the form. So asking for the client name and signer name separately can help you create a more professional telehealth consent form.
- Use forms.app’s integration options to collect e-signature: forms.app offers countless integration choices with other web applications. By integration a signature application into your form, you can easily capture signatures from your clients or their guardians. After selecting the telemental health consent form template, you will find integrations on the form settings page.
- Send an automated email after each submission: Sending a copy of the consent form to your clients will not only inform them about their consent but also they will be able to access and read the consent form later.
- Download the records: Once a client submits a form, you can easily download it on your PC or mobile phone in PDF. This way, you will be able to access them easily in the future. You can also print the form records directly on the responses page. forms.app’s free telemental health consent form template will help you obtain consent without any effort!