Why do you need an employee time off request form?
By having an employee time off request form, you can let your employees submit a request for sick days. While you can do this by using hard copies, there are surely better ways to accept these requests, such as using online forms. This will both increase the flexibility and reduce the paperwork Human Resources have to go through.
How to create a better employee time off request form?
In order to help you with the process, forms.app offers great form samples, such as the time off request form template, military leave form template, and employee time off request form template. As these samples already include general form fields, you can have your custom form in a really short time. It is also possible to make your form better with a few tips:
- Make sure to add an optional text field for learning the details of the requested time.
- You can automatically accept or deny requests according to the time frame and the total number of days, by using the selection field and calculator feature.
- Ask the reasons for the leave requests, such as maternity leave, medical leave, and so on.
- If there is an approving time/period, make sure to express it on the form.
- Notify them if their vacation time or other leave requests are approved or denied through the contact details provided.
- Enable notifications to get instantly notified about the time off requests.