Membership surveys are an excellent way to collect data from members. And by data, we mean any type of information you want! According to your goals and needs, you can create any membership survey questionnaires.
Membership surveys are the best practices for a company or organization to find out what they do wrong or correct. Increasing member engagement and ensuring long-term success is one membership survey away! In this article, you will find definitions and types of membership with 45+ amazing questions. After that, you will learn how to create a membership survey with free templates.
A membership survey is a document that easily collects data about getting to know the members and learning what matters to them. The main goal of a membership survey is to hold the current members and get new ones, as well as learn what they really think.
These surveys might be made up of open-ended questions, rating questions, Likert scale, or matrix questions. Your aims and preferences decide the type of your membership survey questions.
Membership surveys can fall into different branches according to why and where they will be used. For example a membership survey can be used in an association, club, country club, golf, church, or museum for different purposes, such as measuring satisfaction, learning why they joined you, and so on.
Membership survey types
For that reason, membership surveys from different categories should include different questions. To get an idea and a headstart, you can check out free online membership form templates and evaluation survey templates of forms.app!
Here are some different types of membership surveys with their definitions:
Membership surveys are an excellent way to follow the events' whole process and learn about your organization's strong and weak aspects. Members can easily share their ideas and feedback with you in these surveys. To get the info you need for your organization, have a look at the 45+ membership survey question examples:
The main purpose of a new member survey is to gather and store crucial data of the new members to the system. In this step, you can present them with multiple choices. If you want to get to know and welcome the newcomers, here are your new member survey questions:
1. How did you hear about us?
2. What do you know about our organization?
3. Have you ever attended any other organization before?
4. What is your aim for attendance?
5. Will you be able to be with us regularly?
6. What does our organization mean to you?
7. What is your occupation?
8. How old are you?
9. How can we reach you?
10. Do you fully understand our aims?
11. Do you know your role in the organization?
You have your members, but are they satisfied with their membership? The best way of learning this is to ask them membership satisfaction questions since it determines whether or not the organization makes your members happy enough. Have a look at the membership satisfaction survey question below:
12. What is the best thing about being a member of us?
13. What do you dislike about our event/organization?
14. Would you recommend us to your loved ones?
15. Do you have any recommendations for us?
16. Do you like our social media accounts?
17. Should we increase the meetings?
18. From 1 to 10, how happy are you being a member of the organization?
Non-profit members make up the majority of organizations. A non-profit membership survey may inquire about participation in events and opinions of the organization. If you need questions for your non-profit membership survey, here are the questions you are looking for:
19. What is your favorite type of event?
20. Is the organization as you imagined?
21. How do you feel while working with us?
22. Does your membership make you feel better?
23. Do you meet other members apart from the events?
24. What do you think this membership benefits you?
The crucial part is checking the members if they are happy with the events, decisions, and both good and bad experiences with their memberships. Once you share a member experience survey questions with the members, you will learn about the essential feedback about the organization. You can find the member experience survey questions below:
25. What is your favorite event?
26. What is your least favorite event?
27. What do you think your experiences contributed to you?
28. What is the best thing you’ve learned while with us?
29. What did you gain from your membership?
30. Would you like to renew your membership?
Members’ continuous contacts with the organization are gathered through membership engagement survey questions. A good sample membership survey ought to include membership engagement survey questions. So, you should definitely ask these membership engagement questions in your survey:
31. Are you satisfied with your presence in the organization?
32. Are you proud of working for the organization?
33. Do you enjoy spending time as a member?
34. Do the mission and values of the organization inspire you?
35. Do you find the events challenging?
36. Do you have any further information to share?
37. Do you feel eager while coming to the organization?
The exits of the members from your organization might be disappointing for you; however, you still have things to learn from them! Asking the reasons for their leaving the organization will lead you not to lose more members. Here are some membership exit survey questions that can help you:
38. Why do you want to leave?
39. Are you sure you do not want to renew your membership?
40. What could we have been doing better?
41. Do you have any recommendations for us?
42. When did you decide to exit the membership?
43. Did you feel comfortable while talking to the leaders?
44. Would you consider joining us again?
45. Overall, from 1 to 10, how do you rate our organization?
As we have discussed, creating a membership survey has countless benefits, and creating one is not as complicated as you think. Conducting an online survey with the usage of a tool like forms.app, makes the process super easy and quick. If you follow the basic steps below, you can create a survey based on your needs:
You have many options to get started on forms.app. For instance, you can choose a template or start from scratch only if you want to decide on each detail. Or you can try out our latest feature, forms.app AI and create a form by simply asking what type of membership form you want. Each option will help you to make an excellent start.
Choose how you want to start creating your survey
The essential component might be considered as the questions. You should not forget your preferences and demands when selecting your questions. After thinking about your aims, you can decide on each question from the list above. Also, avoid too many questions or ones that are not necessary.
Add your own questions to the survey
In this step, you can personalize your membership survey however you want. You can decide every detail like the font type, font size, background colors, theme, order of the questions, etc. You can also use the organization’s logo or colors.
Customize and brand your survey based on your organization
Before you share your membership survey with the members, do not forget to recheck it. As the final step, you can share the membership survey with the members of the organization. You can share the link to the survey via many options.
Share your survey with the members
As we have discussed so far, membership surveys are a fantastic way to collect any kind of feedback you need for your organization. You can learn what is good and what is bad for your members. Also, you can find the reasons why the members choose to be with your organization. Collecting pros and cons will help you to do your job better.
If you choose to use forms.app, you will be able to find lots of free online templates to get you started. Among countless options and categories, you can choose what you want and need the most and get started right away!
In short, all organizations value each member’s feelings and thoughts. Sharing a membership survey with them is an excellent way of proving this. By collecting feedback, not only will they be satisfied, but also you will check and increase your success.
If you have read so far, you know the definition and types of the membership surveys, must-ask 45+ questions to ask in the survey, and the instructions for creating the survey. Start creating and increasing the success of your organization immediately!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.