Nonprofit organizations are an excellent way to help people in a collective way. Thanks to them, many people’s demands are met, and kindness is spread. Nonprofit surveys are excellent helpers for organizations. Collecting data is a must for them to plan fundraising events better. Also, non-profit surveys help people to organize and plan the future better.
In order to make your job much easier, we have gathered all you need in this article. We will discuss the definition and reasons why you need a non-profit survey, 45+ insightful sample survey questions for nonprofit organizations under many categories, how to create one, and great tips for using your non-profit survey!
A non-profit survey is a document that collects insightful data about general feedback, such as the attendee’s thoughts and feelings about the organization, their availability to make come true the organization’s mission, their previous experiences or interests, etc.
The survey can include multiple-choice or open-ended questions according to the need. However, the aim of a nonprofit survey remains the same. People conduct surveys to organize future events better.
It is reported in a report by Urban.org that only in the U.S., there are more than 1.8 million registered nonprofits. So, can you imagine the amount of them worldwide? Surveys make your nonprofit organizations collect relevant data, and in this way, nonprofit organization surveys help you to get a higher engagement rate of volunteers for your organizations and events.
Also, gathering essential information from volunteers will let you plan the events better, including places and times. Moreover, it will allow you to assess donor satisfaction and get fresh ideas about the organization. For all these reasons, forms make nonprofit organizations more effective.
Each organization has its own missions, visions, goals, and values. Therefore, it is essential to ask according to your organization’s mission, vision, preferences, requirements, or needs. Nevertheless, we have gathered the most +45 essential questions for your nonprofit organization. If you want to have a look at them and use the ones appropriate for you, here are your 45+ questions examples for your non-profit surveys:
Finding relevant memberships for your organization is the key point. People who have no interest in your organization will only waste your time. If you want to get more engaged memberships, you need to ask them some basic questions. Have a look at these nonprofit membership survey questions:
1. What would you say about the performance of the executive team?
2. What do you like about being a part of the team?
3. When did you join the team?
4. What do you suggest for us?
5. Do you follow us on social media?
6. How did you hear about our organization?
Nonprofit board survey questions collect lots of valuable data for your organization. These types of sample questions given below will not only help you to collect more new ideas but also broaden your network. So, you need to look at these nonprofit board survey questions:
7. Can you please rank the goals given below?
8. Do you have any ideas for upcoming activities?
9. What about your job at this non-profit organization do you appreciate the best?
10. Exactly what do you know about our organization?
11. What aspects of our mission interest you?
12. Who can you include in the organization from your network?
13. What previous experience do you have concerning our mission?
Donors are the hearts of non-profit organizations, and each nonprofit organization needs them. For that reason, donor feedback matters when you consider their place and importance. Presenting them with good general or post-event survey questions will make your organization become successful. So, here are your donor survey questions for your non-profit organization:
14. Do you want to make another donation to our non-profit organization?
15. Are you likely to tell a friend about our nonprofit organization?
16. Which of the following causes we support is most important for you?
17. Do you fully understand our mission?
18. Do you fully understand our vision?
19. Do you know how you contribute to us?
Just like donors, volunteers are indispensable for non-profit organizations. Thanks to them, good deeds are done without expecting anything in return. You need to make a good volunteer survey to get to know them better and increase the engagement rate. To succeed in all these, take a look at these nonprofit survey questions for volunteers:
20. Do you fully understand your role?
21. How easy was it to apply to be a volunteer?
22. Can you help us in a different area that can benefit our organization?
23. Do you know someone who might be interested in volunteering with us?
24. How many days can you volunteer in a week?
25. Do you want to volunteer with us for more or fewer hours each month?
Demographic questions are an excellent way of understanding one’s background in all senses. Thanks to demographic questions, your organization will be able to understand them better and reason. In order to understand better your organization’s needs or requirements, consider these demographic survey questions for your nonprofit organization:
26. What is your age?
27. Which gender do you identify yourself as?
28. What is your education level?
29. What is your current employment situation?
30. If you work, in which sector do you work?
31. What is your marital status?
32. Where are you located?
33. Can you please specify your ethnicity?
34. What is your annual income?
35. Do you consider yourself to have a disability?
Needs assessment non-profit survey questions are a powerful method of finding out what your organization's people believe to be its greatest needs. To help your people will motivate them better, needless to say. If you are wondering about the question types, look at these non-profit survey questions for needs assessment given below:
36. Which activity do you believe is the most essential?
37. What equipment do you believe we need more?
38. Overall, how satisfied are you with the circumstances we provide?
39. Do you suggest any activity?
40. If you have any further recommendations, please specify.
Stakeholders have a really significant role for non-profit organizers. For that reason, keeping in touch with them and collecting data is essential. We have gathered the most essential survey questions for stakeholders of nonprofit organizations, and here are them:
41. What is your role in our organization?
42. Do you want to participate in meetings for strategic planning?
43. Did you attend one of our fundraising programs in 6 months?
44. Do you have any comments on our ongoing programs?
45. On a scale of 10, how satisfied are you with our organization's performance?
If you want to create an online survey, there are lots of opportunities for survey tools to use. However, if you want to create your form in the most professional way with countless features and do all these for free, you have only one option left: forms.app. As long as you follow some basic and easy steps, you can easily create your own non-profit survey!
As a first step, you need to log in to your current account, but if you do not have one, you can quickly create an account. You should also note that you can log in via Google, Facebook, and Apple accounts.
The sign-in page of forms.app
Thanks to forms.app, you have access to a broad variety of alternatives to start. If you stay current with the latest technology, artificial intelligence can create your survey in seconds. However, if you want to begin from the start, you need to start from scratch and decide on each aspect of your survey. You can choose nonprofit survey templates and edit the survey sample if you have limited time.
Choose a starting point
In this step, you need to have a moment to think about your organization’s priority needs and requirements. After deciding on them, you can easily add your nonprofit survey questions or choose the appropriate ones from the questions we presented to you above.
Add your non-profit survey questions
In this step, you can style your survey as you wish and recheck it in order to prevent any minor or major mistakes. After checking your survey, you can easily share your non-profit survey via many options.
Add your non-profit survey questions
Last but not least, one cannot deny the importance of non-profit survey questions for organizations. A professional survey will make your organization more professional and help you make all missions come true, for sure. If you have read here, you already know where to start and what to do!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.