Companies, marketers, and product creators must keep informed of consumer tastes and behavior to thrive in the current competitive market. Such professionals can learn important information from surveys about their target audience's requirements, preferences, and likes. Businesses can determine consumer trends and patterns through the analysis of survey results and can then customize their product or service offerings in response.
“We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos
A customer behavior questionnaire is a type of market research to understand better consumers' habits, preferences, and decision-making processes about products, services, and experiences. Typically, online surveys consist of structured questions covering various consumer behavior topics. Your survey can include multiple-choice, short text, or open-ended questions.
Definition of consumer behaviour survey
These consumer behavior surveys frequently incorporate crucial indicators like the Customer Effort Score (CES) and Net Promoter Score (NPS) to measure customer preferences and loyalty. CES assesses how simple it is for customers to interact with a business, highlighting the simple or difficult parts of their experience. Also, NPS measures client loyalty by asking them to rank how likely they are to refer a good or service to others.
5 Stages of consumer journey
People go through a dynamic “consumer journey” process when deciding what to buy. This path covers the steps from the first awareness to the final advocacy part, with five separate stages. You can find the explanations for each stage below, prepared for your inspiration.
These consumer survey questions examples cover every aspect of the customer journey, from the first glimmer of interest to the devoted customers. By exploring these extensive questions, you will gather information and try to understand and measure customer behavior to create more satisfied customers.
Questions to ask in the discovery stage are meant to elicit a deep reflection from respondents on their discovery process. This will offer insights into their motives, preferences, and behavioral patterns.
1. What difficulties are you experiencing the most in your daily life?
2. In what situations do you use our product?
3. How willing are you to try out new or innovative items or services available in the market on a scale of 1 to 10?
4. What channels or platforms do you primarily use to discover new products or services?
5. To what extent are you familiar with the product?
6. What do you think about our website?
7. Have you already used similar products from different brands?
8. What is your most significant need currently?
9. How would you like this product to help you?
A survey question about the discovery stage
Potential clients' needs, tastes, and priorities are better understood with the help of survey questions designed specifically for this stage. These types of questions are intended to reveal information that helps people make wise decisions.
10. What are the specific brands or companies you primarily consider when evaluating products or services?
11. To what extent does brand reputation affect your decision-making?
12. If our product was discontinued, what would you pick in its place?
13. How do you measure a product's overall impact or benefits?
14. Have you ever bought a product from our brand?
15. how many possibilities or substitutes are you now evaluating in your search for this product?
16. How essential is convenience or ease of use to you while making decisions?
17. Do you compare price and quality when purchasing a product?
18. How do you evaluate the options' trustworthiness or credibility?
A consumer behavior survey question to ask at the consideration stage
Post-purchase survey questions are essential for obtaining insightful data, assessing customer happiness, and highlighting areas needing development. The customers can communicate directly with you through questions like these and provide their opinions.
19. Did the product/service meet your expectations?
20. What is your possibility of returning to us for more purchases?
21. What was the most significant reason for choosing our product/service over alternatives?
22. What are you planning to do with our product?
23. Were there any noteworthy incidents or characteristics that especially satisfied you with the purchase?
24. Is the cost of the product reasonable?
25. In what ways did our product/service fit your needs (business or lifestyle)?
26. What motivates you to make an online purchase?
27. What would be the purchase method you prefer?
A survey question about the post-purchase stage
Onboarding survey questions are essential because they give organizations a platform to comprehend their customers' needs, expectations, and perceptions during this vital time. These questions are an efficient way to measure customer satisfaction and learn more about how successful the onboarding procedure is.
28. Was it easy to use our product?
29. How confident are you, on a scale of 1 to 10, in using the product or service on your own after onboarding?
30. Was the onboarding procedure required to help you in using the product?
31. How effective was the onboarding in setting the right expectations for the product?
32. What could have been done to improve the efficiency of the onboarding process?
33. Which step of the onboarding process had the most significant influence on you?
34. Did the onboarding process leave any important facts or details out?
35. How can we improve our onboarding process?
36. Did the onboarding process fail to address any expectations or goals?
A consumer behavior survey question to ask during the onboarding stage
Surveys should be carefully crafted to include questions about usage to get information on how customers use the product or service and their opinions about its usefulness. The data gathered from these questions on consumer behaviour helps to improve the product or service to suit user needs better.
37. How frequently do you use our product/service?
38. How do you think our product/service has improved or impacted your work?
39. To what extent would you suggest our product to others?
40. To what extent are you happy with the product's performance?
41. Do you have any prior experience using our product?
42. How many other people around you use this product?
43. Is the product easy to control?
44. What level of integration is there between our product/service and other tools/systems you use?
45. What improvements can we make to align our product better?
A survey question to ask at the usage stage
Inquiries about general consumer behavior are essential for understanding customers' attitudes and responses to goods and services. The purpose of these customer satisfaction survey questions is to gather data on a wide range of consumer behavior, including preferences.
46. How would you rate our product overall?
47. Do you think the price of our product or service is reasonable?
48. Did your friends or family influence your purchase decisions for this product?
49. How does our product compare to others that you like better?
50. Through which platforms do you find new products?
51. What would it be if you could change one thing about our product?
52. How has this product helped you in completing your tasks?
53. How do you approach the situation when your purchased product doesn't meet your expectations?
54. What did you dislike about our product?
55. How much weight do you give a company's ethics and ideals when purchasing?
A question about general consumer behavior
Creating consumer behavior survey questions can be simplified using forms.app, a proper free survey application. This comprehensive guide can be used for this aim. You can easily create surveys with its helpful features and user-friendly design to assist you in gathering insightful feedback.
1. Sign up or log in: forms.app allows you to access various features. If you don't have an account, you can easily create one or log in if you already have one.
2. Choose a template or start from scratch: You can select from pre-designed templates or create a new one from scratch to develop your survey.
💡You can benefit from the AI feature of the forms.app.
3. Make adjustments: You can modify the form to achieve your objectives. In this way, you will ensure accuracy in questions.
4. Design the survey: Customize the survey's design to reflect your company's image and maintain consistency.
5. Share with the form takers: Share the survey thoughtfully with participants via shareable links, website embedding, and other share options.
Organizations can gain the necessary insights by implementing phases of awareness, consideration, decision, retention, and advocacy for the consumers. Thus, they can improve their marketing strategy, product customization, and customer satisfaction. It is easy to create, change, and share these surveys using forms.app and the accompanying elements of survey creation. Take advantage of forms.app's features to easily create, edit, and share surveys while gaining insightful information.
Ayşegül is a content writer at forms.app and a full-time translation project manager. She enjoys scrapbooking, reading, and traveling. With expertise in survey questions and survey types, she brings a versatile skill set to her endeavors.