Why use an online customer needs survey?
In order to sell your products or services, you need to address an issue and offer some solutions to them. In other words, you have to meet customer needs. But the tricky part is that these needs and expectations are dynamic and change all the time. Thus, in order to learn these, you will need to conduct a customer needs survey regularly. Furthermore, collecting feedback will be beneficial for many reasons.
- Learning what your customer base wants: Generally, it is your customer base that determines which features your products are going to have. To maintain certain levels of sales and public interest, you have to listen to what your customers have to say. Once you know what they want and need, you will be able to develop much better business strategies and achieve more success.
- Learning more about the current customer experience: Collecting feedback from your customers will not only help you learn their expectations, but it will show how your customers feel about the current state of your products or services. Thus, you will be able to see your strengths and weaknesses and have a higher chance of fixing the issues.
- Measuring the level of satisfaction: By using a customer needs survey, you will get an idea about how satisfied your customers are with your brand and its products. This will help you determine your position among the other competitor companies and see what you have to do to increase these satisfaction levels.
- Collecting feedback automatically: Aside from all the general advantages of a customer needs survey, collecting online customer feedback will help you save more time than you have imagined. This is the case because once you have created your online survey with forms.app’s free customer needs survey template; it does the feedback-collecting work for you. So, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy receiving the responses effortlessly. You will also have advanced review options to make the process faster and easier.
How to create a great customer needs survey and get better results
forms.app offers a free customer needs survey template and countless practical and effective features for an easier survey-making process. You can easily use them on the edit and design pages to make your survey form as functional and professional as possible. But there are also some pro tips and tricks that can help you with your customer satisfaction survey:
1. Make the survey form simpler and shorter
Today, it is known that people do not want to participate in surveys. This is the case mostly because they think it will take a long time and require unnecessary effort. So, what you have to do is make your customer needs survey as clean and simple as possible. This way, people will think it is easy to answer some simple questions, and it won’t consume much time.
2. Make sure each question refers to a specific issue
To get results you can act upon, you have to make sure that the answers actually mean something. That is, you must write your questions in a way that the answers will easily show you your strong and weak points. This way, you will know what you have to do and do it with a clear strategy.
3. Select your question types carefully
Another important thing to note is that the types of questions determine the types of feedback you will be getting. So, determine which type of feedback you want to receive and choose the field types accordingly. For example, users can use Likert scales to give an exact rating or open-ended questions to answer in detail. Further, you can use the Net Promoter Score (NPS), namely, asking people how likely they will advise your products to their friends and colleagues to receive comparable results.
4. Have an engaging design
Your survey design is another aspect that will attract more people and help you get more responses. By using forms.app’s easy-to-use design features, change your survey appearance easily to make it more appealing. For example, you can use a relevant photo about your business as a background. Furthermore, you will have a giant library of free themes at your service. You can easily select one and change how your form looks in seconds, literally.
5. Open the survey form after they use your service or buy your products
Sending people a survey at an irrelevant time may decrease your chances of getting responses. And, in fact, you have a much better option. Once you have created your marketing survey to learn about customer needs, you can head over to the sharing options and embed the survey easily on your web page. This will allow you to open the surveys automatically after they have interacted with your company.
6. Send your survey to non-users
To receive honest and accurate answers, you must also find a way to send your survey to the people that don’t use your products. This will be quite helpful since you will know why they use other products and what you can do to change this situation. Create your survey with forms.app’s free customer needs survey sample and increases customer satisfaction now!