Peer evaluation questions are an excellent way of learning essential data from your employees. When people are evaluated by peers who are also knowledgeable and informed about the topic or matter, they will surely see marvelous results.
Collecting valuable insights about your team members will help you see your crew's strong and weak sides. It is also really important in terms of performance management. Peer review surveys are a perfect chance for you to boost your company.
If you want to learn the feedback from peers that can be employees or students, this article is for you because you will read about the peer review definition, 35+ effective peer review survey questions, and how to create one for your next survey.
Peer review can be defined as a type of feedback given by coworkers, and it assesses a peer's performance, social skills, and management skills. Peer reviews are often conducted with a peer-review survey; therefore, presenting the employee's peer review in a well-prepared survey form is essential.
The definition of peer review
Feedback surveys are essential for your business or company because it is the only way to learn what you do not know about them. Communication between coworkers is always different, so peer review is a perfect way to learn the relevant data you need.
The peer review survey questions, or 360-degree feedback questions for peers, can differ according to the aim of asking and gathering data. The list, which is given below, presents 35+ must-ask questions in peer reviews for employee evaluation. According to the types of peer review category, you can choose your questions and start immediately:
General peer review questions are one of the most essential parts of your survey. These questions aim to help you get a general idea or feedback about the employee. In order to get more transparent peer feedback from your employee, you can ask them open-ended questions. Here are your general peer review questions:
1. What qualities do you think this person has?
2. What weaknesses do you think this employee has?
3. How would you sum up this person in three words?
4. Do you believe this employee does her/his job properly?
5. Have you ever experienced a major problem with him/her?
6. Do you think this person pays attention to the company values?
7. What can this person do better going forward?
8. Do you have further feedback?
9. Do you want to share any specific incident with us?
If you want to check the performance review of your employees, you should definitely need these questions. Especially presenting the questions with rating questions, single selection, and selection matrix will help them to answer more questions easily. If you want to learn all of these, all you need to do is to ask these peer performance review questions:
10. S/he is good at timing
11. This individual demonstrates effective leadership abilities.
12. This person has excellent, straightforward communication with other team members and me.
13. This person always has a good plan
14. This person always comes up with new ideas
15. This person is generally energetic
16. This person pays attention to the details
17. This person takes his/her job seriously
18. From 1 to 10, how do you rate this employee’s general performance?
The social skills of your employees are really important since it is an essential tool for strengthening bonds with coworkers, new contacts, and clients. Also, regardless of sector, retaining and enhancing social abilities is critical. They will be to answer more questions if the questions are presented with rating questions, single selections, and a selection matrix. If you need peer review questions about social skills, check these questions below:
19. This employee is easy-to-talk
20. This employee has excellent social skills
21. This employee shows respect to me and other team members
22. I feel comfortable while talking to this employee
23. Generally, this person has a positive attitude
24. Working with this person is pleasant
26. This employee values other people’s opinions or views
27. This employee is a good listener
28. From 1 to 10, how do you rate this employee’s general social skills?
Management skill is an aspect that each employee needs to have. Asking them questions about the employees’ management skills is a marvelous way to collect constructive feedback. In order to ease your reviewing work, look at the peer review questions about management skills:
29. Is this person successful enough to fulfill the duty?
30. What kind of time and workload management skills does this person have?
31. Does this person take risks when necessary?
32. Does this person often accomplish the objectives s/he sets?
33. What does this employee do effectively?
34. Is this employee successful in showing objectivity?
35. From 1 to 10, how do you rate this person’s management skills?
In order to get better results, do not forget to apply these in your peer review survey before getting to the work:
When you get the information from the peer review survey provides advantages, such as helping you to identify problems related to employees, work environment, work process, or other aspects related to the company or business.
The simplest way to create your own peer review system is by utilizing an online tool, like forms.app. By following the straightforward methods listed below, you can complete the peer review process by sharing a survey with them:
The first step is to log in to your current account, but if you do not already have any, you can create one effortlessly and fast. Remember that Facebook, Google, and Slack Overflow are all valid log-in opportunities.
Log in to your forms.app account or create a new one
Start generating with AI if you want to make use of the newest technology. It is a perfect choice to start quickly. However, you can also use the ready-to-use peer evaluation form templates or evaluation survey templates of forms.app. After choosing the template, you can easily make changes to it. Still, if you want to start from the beginning and decide on each detail, you can start from scratch.
Choose how you like to start creating your peer review survey
You may edit your survey once you choose your goal and preference questions. You will notice how the survey appears professional as you pay attention to both design and content. Remember that every detail matters in your peer-review survey. In the final step, you may share your peer review survey with your target.
Edit & share your peer-review survey
In short, sharing a peer-review survey or, similarly, 360-degree feedback that you present to your employees will help you receive feedback in many areas, such as detecting minor or major problems in the work process and the team members' communication skills. Keeping up with the transparent review will help you to increase your success and have powerful energy!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.