Market research is an essential part of finding answers to your questions. For this reason, market research surveys have a big importance. So, market study survey questions, too. These types of questions help you get essential data about the target audience, conduct competitive analysis, get new ones, or protect existing customers.
We have gathered the most essential data to help you gather information on the target market or target customer. In this article, you will find 50+ market research survey questions and examples about customers, products, social media, etc. You need to seriously consider these business survey questions for market research and learn more!
A market research survey is a document that asks demographic questions or any type of market research questions that aim to collect vital customer feedback to make you better in marketing. The critical point of a market research survey is to learn customer experience and make marketing plans according to it.
A report by Statista shows that since 2008, the market research sector’s global revenue has increased by more than twice, surpassing $81 billion in 2022. So, the importance of market research is getting more realized, and you need market analysis survey questions. Good survey questions for market research collect data to help you create definite strategies for a better marketing plan.
Each company has its own unique priorities and needs. For this reason, companies should choose questions carefully for their survey. 50+ market research survey questions might differ according to the needs and requirements of a company. Nevertheless, we have gathered the most essential and basic ones to make you grow faster.
If you want to access all these privileges we have discussed so far, you need to have a look at these 50+ must-ask questions for your market research surveys:
The primary reason for selling a product or service is for customers. Finding the target audience for your company is one of the most important parts of your market research survey. For that reason, you need to have a look at these customer survey questions for market research questions:
1. How often do you shop from us?
2. What is your favorite product/service?
3. What is your least favorite product/service?
4. Why do you choose us?
5. Would you recommend us to your friends/family?
6. Since when do you choose us?
7. Overall, from 1-10, how do you rate us?
An opinion scale question example about satisfaction
A market research question for a product is an excellent helper for companies to understand and collect data about existing. If you want to learn how your customers are satisfied with your exciting product, you only need to ask them these questions. Here are your market research questions for a product:
8. Have you ever heard of this product before?
9. From 1-10, how would you rate this product?
10. Do you believe this product is useful/helpful for you?
11. What is the likelihood of buying this product again?
12. What do you like about this product?
13. What do you dislike about this product?
14. Would you recommend this product to your friends or family?
You can replace the word “product” with the name of your own product.
A question example about purchasing behavior
New product market research survey questions are perfect for your company if you plan for a new product. Imagine that you are about to launch a new product. You can take fewer risks if you ask questions about the new product before launching it. So you might need these market research questionnaire questions for your new product:
15. Have you seen a similar product?
16. How likely are you to use this product for your business activities?
17. What do you think is the best feature of this new product?
18. What do you think is the least favorite feature of this new product?
19. Do you find the price reasonable?
20. Are you excited about this product?
21. Overall, from 1-10, how do you rate this new product?
A question example about later use
Social media is an excellent way of collecting helpful data from your customers because, today, nearly everybody has a social media account. You can have insightful data as long as you know which platform to use and how to use it. So, here are your social media survey questions for market research:
22. Which social media platforms do you use? (you can choose more than 1)
23. In which social media platforms do you spend time the most?
24. Do you follow us on your social media accounts?
25. What do you think about our company’s social media account?
26. Do you believe we can use social media effectively?
27. What can we do to improve our social media accounts?
28. Which influencers do you relate to us the most?
A market research survey question example about social media
As much as trying to hold your existing customers, you should also try to find potential customers and expand your network. Because only in this way you can grow your business. When you have good market research questions to ask potential customers, as given below, you can easily get what you need:
29. Have you ever heard us before?
30. When you think of our brand, what comes to your mind first?
31. Who is our rival for you?
32. What is your minimum budget?
33. What is your maximum budget?
34. Would you consider choosing our product/service?
35. What are your best aspects, you think?
Just like any sector, B2B companies need to do their best to run market research. As for their market research survey, the questions will be different because they need to aim at businesses directly. If you need them, here are your market research questions for B2B companies:
36. Who is your ideal customer?
37. What really matters to your ideal customer?
38. Do you think you know your customers?
39. How can you know your customers better?
40. What is your customers’ annual income?
41. What do your customers do in their free time?
42. What attracts your customer?
Demographic questions allow your company to understand your customer’s background better. Also, if you want to understand the certain characteristics of your target audience, demographic questions are the best option for you. Have a look at these demographic questions for your market research survey:
43. What gender do you identify as?
44. How old are you?
45. What is your marital status?
46. Can you please specify your ethnicity?
47. Where are you located?
48. What is your education level?
49. What is your annual income?
50. What is your current employment situation?
A market research survey question example about income
In order to collect essential data for your market research, if you want to handle it the fastest way, you will need an online form builder. Also, if you want to build your form with lots of options and create just like you wish and want to do all of them for free, there is only one option left: forms.app.
As long as you follow some basic steps, you can easily create your market research survey and here are the steps:
Firstly, you should log in to your existing account if you do not have one; no worries, you can easily and quickly create an account. Also, do not forget that you have the opportunity to log in via Google, Facebook, and Apple accounts.
You have access to a wide range of options thanks to forms.app. You must begin from scratch if you wish to pick every aspect of your survey. The site offers pre-made market research survey templates if you do not want to spend too much time on it. However, if you stay current with the latest technology, artificial intelligence can create your survey in seconds!
Based on your company’s primary needs and essential requirements, you should choose your market research survey questions very carefully. Each company’s priorities can differ. For that reason, you need to pay attention while adding them.
In this step, you can easily change and personalize your online survey. To give an example, you can change the size and type of the font, colors, and order of questions, add your brand’s logo, etc.
In the final step, you can share your survey with your target via many platforms. You can choose the link to be public, limited, or private while sharing. Additionally, you can preview the link to see whether it has any meta titles, descriptions, or images.
One can randomly create market research questions for the survey; however, if you want to be one step ahead of your rivals and be good at writing market research questions, you need to follow the points given below:
As we have discussed so far, the importance of market research is undeniable. If you want to increase your market share and be more successful in your sector, there are some key points for your company to take away. You should not ignore these points:
Now that you have read so far, you know all the critical points about the issue and where to start. Take action now and start finding your own effective data collection methods for market research!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.