What is general trivia?
General trivia is a type of an online quiz that covers general culture topics such as history, art, sports, geography, mathematics, and language. General trivia is one of the most used quiz types for both fun and learning. It can attract the attention of students, especially when used in the field of education. You can start creating your quiz with quick steps with the general trivia template that forms.app offers you. Many editing and customization options of forms.app will help you create the exact type of quiz you want.
How do I create general trivia on forms.app?
Did you decide to prepare general trivia but don't know where and how to start? Don't worry, you can get started right away with a free general trivia template on forms.app. You can create your own type of form with the edit and customize options.
- Click on use template above to open the template or start from scratch
- Edit the general trivia template, add or delete questions as you wish
- Design your trivia and you can change the background image
- Share it on any social media or website or embed it on a website as iFrame
If you like to see these steps in action, you can watch our quick tutorial to learn how you can create a trivia on forms.app in minutes:
Proven tips to improve your quizzes
Unlike some other free form sites, you can make your quizzes more perfect and fun with advanced editing options such as calculator and conditions in forms.app. Apart from this, you can write a text for your participants to see at the beginning and end of the quiz with the welcome page and thank you page settings.
- Enable welcome page settings: The title field will be the first thing participants see when they enter your quiz. You can write the title yourself if you want. Secondly, the description field is where you can describe the general content of your quiz and the method of your quiz. And it's not over yet. There is an area at the bottom where you can change the button text. If the thank you page is not important to you, you can choose not to show it from the top setting.
- Enable thank you page settings: The title field will be the last thing participants see when they finish their quiz. You can write the title yourself if you want. Secondly, the description field is where you can tell participants that they have completed the trivia quiz.
- Use conditions: This is the area where you set using Conditions so that participants don't see all the questions or can only move on to the next question after the correct answer, just like in the millionaire show.
- Use calculator: The calculator is one of the most used tools by trivia creators. By assigning points to the answers, you can make the participant earn points by solving the questions. When the participant completes the trivia quiz, the score will be displayed. You can also customize the thank you page message based on the participant's score. To do this, you can specify score ranges and write separate messages for each score range.
Why should you prepare general trivia online?
When you say general trivia, games may be the first thing that comes to mind for everyone. But it's not just about the joy that trivia offers you. Everyone loves it as it is one of the best learning, remembering, and brain training methods. If you want to learn why you should prepare an online general trivia:
- Trivia quizzes are one of the best ways to learn while having fun.
- A good prepared general trivia will improve your IQ.
- It is an event that everyone can participate in, regardless of age.
- It also helps in learning new vocabulary.
- It will benefit you in your life because it can contain questions that you may encounter in your professional and educational life.
- When general trivia is done in schools, it gives students motivation to study.
Example general trivia questions for each category
Trivia questions can be asked from any field that contains information. You create general trivia for yourself by combining questions in different fields. These fields are usually categories such as history, art, sports, geography, and language. Here we will give a few examples from the most used trivia categories.
- Who is the Greek person known as the Father of History?
- Who set foot on the moon for the first time?
- Pharaoh is the title given to the rulers of which ancient country?
- Whose work is the Guernica painting?
- Whose work is the Mona Lisa painting?
- What is the name given to the object on which a painter arranges and mixes paints?
- How many players are in a team volleyball?
- How often are the Olympics held?
- What does NBA stand for?
- What is the capital of Ireland?
- What is the name of the ocean current affecting Britain?
- Which continent is the driest?
- What is the square root of 144?
- Which number is greater, a million or a billion?
- What is 12 times 24?
- What is the most used word in English?
- Which language has the most native speakers?
- What is the most used letter in the English alphabet?
- There are ten candles on a table; I put out five of them. How many candles are left?
- What is the most common surname in the United States?
- What is the name of the great epidemic that ravaged the Middle Ages?
- What is the name of the planet farthest from the Sun?
- What was the name of the science of chemistry in the Middle Ages?
- How many chromosomes do humans have in each cell?