Importance of using an employee engagement survey
Employees play a crucial role in having a functional, innovative, and exemplary company. Therefore, you need to make sure that employees feel valued in the workplace and do their job attentively. And an employee engagement survey provides a great way to do this. By using pulse surveys, you can easily:
- Detect the key issues
- See what you should do to have engaged employees
- Create a better work environment for everyone
- Maintain the employee satisfaction
- And contribute to the company culture
Moreover, using employee satisfaction surveys will not only help you measure their engagement levels but increase them. When they know the management team pays attention to their opinions, employees will feel important and work more efficiently. Further, you will be able to arrange teams to increase cooperation in the company.
Some tips to create an awesome employee engagement survey
You can achieve the above-given goals easily by using the employee engagement survey template on form.app. But paying attention to some common features may also help you collect better and more useful data. This way, it will be possible to see and fix some issues more easily. So, take into consideration these points and create a better job satisfaction survey with no effort.
- Make sure each question refers to a specific issue: When collecting feedback, it is important to see your strong and weak points. To be able to do this, each of your questions should be intentional and help you detect issues.
- Choose the right question types for your survey form: Before creating your survey and sending it to the employees, determining what kind of data you would like to collect can be helpful for getting better and more clear survey results. For example, to collect detailed and specific feedback, you can add open ended questions to your survey and provide your employees a free space to write down their opinions.
- Make use of conditional questions: forms.app offers an option for adding conditions to your survey questions. This feature allows you to hide or show some questions based on the answers of your employees. You will be surprised how easy it is to create complex and professional surveys with forms.app.
- Have a professional design: A professional and decent design not only motivates employees to fill out your survey more attentively but demonstrates how much you care for your employees and business.
Some topics for your employee engagement survey
The employee engagement survey template comes with standard questions. While you can use the template without any need for change, it will be useful to customize it and add your own questions for getting better results. Here are some topics that may help you write better and relevant questions for your employee engagement survey:
- The employee’s job position: One of the most important things to know is whether the employee is content with his/her current position. With this feedback, you can transfer employees between working areas and create tiger teams.
- Teams and teamwork: If the employee is happy with his/her job but wishes to be in a different team, this can cause him/her to work less efficiently. You can easily learn about what your employees think about their current team with simple questions.
- Managers: Project managers and supervisors are also important factors that can affect employee engagement. Touching on this matter may provide you valuable information about the project or department managers.
- Work-life balance: Too much work can cause stress, unwillingness, and being unproductive. By asking how they think about their work and life balance, you can adjust the working hours to create a healthy environment.
- Communication in the workplace: Communication is a key element for achieving success. And this is especially true in business life. In order to ensure productive communication in the workplace, ask your employees how they talk or communicate with one another.
Editing your employee engagement survey
As working conditions are different for each business, it is only natural that employee engagement survey questions vary as well. After selecting the employee engagement survey template, you can easily change the questions, add your own, or remove the existing ones. It is also possible to change field types with only a few clicks. For your engagement survey, you can consider using Likert scales or opinion scales where the employees choose to agree, disagree, strongly agree, etc. according to the given statement. This will provide a score that you can compare with others. Therefore, you will be able to see the problems and take action accordingly.
Having a nice design that reflects your business values
To help you with your survey design, forms.app offers a professional-looking employee engagement survey template, free & ready-to-use themes, and many advanced customization options, from animated backgrounds to colors. And more importantly, you don’t need to have any coding experience to use them. All you have to do is toggle some options and enjoy having an engaging design.