How to create an online demographic survey on forms.app?
Demographic surveys are one of the many types of free online surveys you can create in forms.app. Your search engine brought you to this page, and you intend to prepare a demographic survey. But you do not know where to start preparing your survey? You are in the right place to create a form; you can easily prepare a survey by following the steps below.
- Click on use template above to open the template or start from scratch
- Edit the demographic survey template, add or delete questions as you wish
- Design your demographic survey with customization options that forms.app offers you
- Share it on any social media or website or embed it on a website as iFrame
Why should you prepare a demographic survey?
Demographic surveys serve many purposes, from academic purposes to market research, health services, and public opinions. Let's say you are going to do market research; you can increase the quality of service to your customers by learning what age, gender, and profession people use your product or service with a demographic survey. As a result of the data you collect with your survey, it can enable you to make crucial decisions for your business or organization.
Tips for a better demographic survey
Demographic surveys are a type of survey that requires more sensitivity than other surveys. Therefore, it is beneficial for you to prepare a demographic survey carefully. Paying attention to these tips will result in positive feedback. Let's take a look at the following tips:
- Determine your target audience; for example, if you are preparing a survey for children under the age of 18, it may naturally be unnecessary to include some part of the survey, such as marital status.
- Don't forget to include fields like prefer not to say. This way, you avoid problems such as some participants who might leave your survey unfinished because they feel offended.
- Sometimes offering short answers instead of giving options can give participants more freedom and provide more honest answers.
- Although it is not much needed, sometimes it is legally more appropriate to put an entry that the data you obtain will not be shared with 3rd parties and will not violate the privacy rights of the participants. So, it will be beneficial to inform respondents about why you take this demographic information.
- Take care to find patterns when analyzing the collected data. So, you can find out which groups of people are interested in your business or organization and serve them better.
- Determine the accuracy and validity of the data collected. Respondents may not always respond correctly to surveys. They may do this for a variety of reasons, but your task is to decide whether a respondent has an accurate and reliable profile.
Questions you can ask in your demographic survey
Preparing a demographic survey can be quite an easy task, but sometimes there are things all of us forget. Below, we have listed the types of questions you can use to ask in your demographic survey and their answers.
- What is your age?
- Which of the following options includes your age?
- What is your gender?
- How do you identify your gender?
- Are you married?
- What is your marital status?
- Where are you from?
- Where is your home located?
- What is your ethnicity?
- Which racial group do you belong to?
- What is the highest level of education you have achieved?
- What school/university did you attend?
- What is your average annual household income?
- What is the level of your annual household income?
- What is your native language?
- What is your secondary language?