Start fresh with a yearly plan. Now 65% off! ❄️ 🏷️
Collecting feedback from restaurant guests is essential for improving the dining experience. Customer feedback provides valuable insights into what works effectively and needs improvement. Customer preferences and expectations change quickly in the dynamic realm of the culinary sector, making it critical for restaurants to keep current.
We give 50 great restaurant survey questions that have been thoughtfully formed to elicit honest and helpful feedback. These questions run throughout the gourmet journey, laying the way for ongoing advancement and the evolution of extraordinary culinary memories.
A restaurant survey is an organized method to gather feedback from customers of the restaurant. Another type of restaurant survey is restaurant staff or employee surveys to collect valuable data and feedback about the management, satisfaction, and so on.
Surveys can help new restaurants measure first consumer reactions, identify strengths, and fix any shortcomings. To summarize, a restaurant survey is a strategic instrument that goes beyond simply collecting data. It's a way to create an eating experience that customers will enjoy.
Advantages of restaurant surveys
People should not consider restaurant surveys just forms; they also connect the restaurant owners and customers in a way that touches hearts. When restaurant owners are able to understand the advantages of these surveys, they start an evolving journey to develop their business. Here are some of them to inspire:
Overall, restaurant surveys are an effective technique for improving communication between restaurant owners and guests. They give owners of restaurants the ability to make choices based on data.
A well-designed restaurant survey is a wonderful tool for gaining valuable data. You will discover 50 new restaurant survey questions before opening for how to create these kinds of surveys. In this section, we will present you with sample questions to use in your restaurant customer surveys.
💡Tip: Mostly, restaurant owners direct the questions to their customers. However, there are various survey questions for restaurant employees as well as restaurant feedback forms for customers. Also, you can create surveys, including questions to ask a restaurant owner.
This section includes basic and standardized questions about various aspects of the customers’ dining experience. These questions aim to collect data for the overall evaluation of the restaurant. Making these questions various allows a comprehensive analysis and insight into the restaurant visitors’ approaches and preferences.
1. How often do you visit our restaurant? (Single selection)
c) I have not visited yet
2. How would you rate the restaurant staff? (Star rating)
3. Is there anything else you would like to share about your experience with us? (Open-ended)
4. What one word would you use to define our service? (You get a voucher for using emojis!) (Short text)
5. How would you rate our restaurant? (Star rating)
This section includes questions evaluating general taste and some specific sides of the foods. These might be the flavor balance or visual appeal. The restaurant can turn the dining experience into a gastronomic journey in line with the customers' feedback.
6. Which specific dish stood out the most in terms of taste and quality? (Single selection)
c) Chocolate brownie
7. On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to suggest the restaurant based on the meal quality? (Opinion scale)
8. Were the portions enough? (Yes/No)
9. Does the restaurant care about dietary restrictions? (Yes/No)
10. How would you rate the flavor of our dishes? (Star rating)
This section includes questions about staff, speed, and service quality. With the use of these questions, customers can express their opinions, and the restaurant owners can benefit from the information to improve every aspect of service, resulting in customer satisfaction.
11. Did our staff make you feel valued and appreciated as a guest? (Yes/No)
12. On a scale of 1-10, how were you pleased with the pace of service? (Opinion scale)
13. Were you greeted with a warm and sincere welcome? (Multiple selection)
14. How knowledgeable was our staff about the menu ingredients? (Star rating)
15. Were there any specific staff members who stood out for their great service? (Yes/No)
This section includes questions about the general reservation process and aims to get positive feedback on the reservation process and reinforce the restaurant's reputation. These questions also help in comprehending what customers want and expect while making reservations.
16. On a scale between 1-10, how easy was it to make a reservation at our restaurant? (Opinion scale)
17. Did making a reservation result in any special treatment? (Yes/No)
18. How satisfied were you with the reserved table? (Star rating)
19. Was it simple to find the reservation option on our website? (Yes/No)
20. Did you encounter any issues or difficulties while making your reservation? Please elaborate. (Long text)
This section includes questions covering topics such as the cleanliness of tables and utensils and general hygiene. The responses to these survey questions enable restaurant owners and managers to monitor and maintain good cleanliness standards.
21. Given the hygiene and cleanliness standards you saw, how likely are you to return to our restaurant? (Opinion scale)
22. Did you have any concerns about hygiene during your visit? Please, explain. (Long text)
23. Were you provided with touchless options for the menu? (Yes/No)
24. How would you rate cleanliness in general? (Star rating)
25. Did you observe our staff sanitizing tables before customer use? (Yes/No)
Ambiance can be defined as the character of a space. This section includes questions about the ambiance of the restaurant, such as elements of lightning, noise level, and decoration. Addressing any ambiance suggestions could lead to a more pleasant and engaging guest experience.
26. Do you think the restaurant is family-friendly? (Yes/No)
27. What elements of the restaurant appealed to you the most? (Single selection)
a) Cozy furniture
c) Customer profile
d) Musics played
28. What do you think about the ambiance in general? (Long text)
29. Does the ambiance align with the restaurant's cuisine? (Yes/No)
30. We understand you came for the cuisine, but how would you evaluate our playlist? (Star rating)
This section includes questions about food presentations designed to collect feedback and opinions from restaurant customers. Specifics of meal presentation, such as garnishes, plating methods, and colors, may be covered in these questions.
31. How would you rate the visual appeal of the dishes? (Star rating)
32. Do you think the foods in our restaurant are presentable on social media? (Yes/No)
33. How did the garnishes flourish? (Long text)
34. How can you define our food presentation style in a word? (Short Text)
35. Did any meal presentation cause you to reconsider? (Yes/No)
This section includes questions about perceptions and attitudes toward the pricing of food and beverages. These types of questions are meant to determine how customers value menu items in proportion to their price.
36. Were there any specific dishes you felt were overpriced for their quality? (Yes/No)
37. How did our prices compare to those of other restaurants serving comparable cuisine? (Multiple selection)
b) Value for
e) None of the above
38. Were you given clear and accurate invoicing and payment information? (Yes/No)
39. Did our prices match your expectations before visiting our restaurant? (Yes/No)
40. How did the pricing influence your decision to order extras? (Single selection)
a) The pricing seemed a little bit expensive; I did not order anything extra.
b) I ordered extras in spite of the high price of the menu items.
c) They were affordable; I included some.
d) Extras were really cheap; I ordered many of them.
e) None of the above
This section includes questions about the general online ordering methods and processes. These questions seek to understand better how users feel about the online ordering process and any potential areas for improvement.
41. Did you find our restaurant on online ordering platforms? (Yes/No)
42. Can you please describe the technical difficulty you experienced during the online ordering process? If you did not experience any difficulty, you can specify. (Long text)
43. How were the customization selections when ordering online? (Multiple selection)
a) They were extensive.
b) They were enough.
c) I could not customize my order.
d) Options were really scarce.
e) I had difficulties finding the customization options.
44. How long does the food generally arrive when you order from our restaurant? (Single selection)
a) Within 30 minutes
b) 30-45 minutes
c) About 1-1.5 hours
d) Over 1.5 hours
45. Have you ever ordered from our restaurant’s web page? (Yes/No)
This section includes questions regarding the restaurant's commitment to environmental responsibility. These types of survey questions cover various aspects of sustainability, including sourcing and waste reduction.
46. Have you heard of our “zero waste” days of the week? (Yes/No)
47. What do you think about our biodegradable utensils? (Single selection)
a) They are adorable!
b) I do not think they are needed.
d) No idea.
47. How green does our restaurant feel on a scale of 1-10? (Opinion scale)
49. Did you notice recycled bins in our restaurant? (Yes/No)
50. On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to select a restaurant based on its environmental initiatives? (Opinion scale)
We have mentioned exceptional questions for restaurant feedback surveys for the customer experience. At this point, a well-designed restaurant survey can be a powerful tool in a high-level understanding of your customer's preferences. Fortunately, forms.app offers the best and most straightforward way to create a survey. Here are the steps to be followed:
Finally, feedback from restaurant customers will be gathered through well-crafted surveys. We have included 50 outstanding restaurant survey questions that have been thoughtfully prepared in this article.
By welcoming innovative comments and ideas, restaurant surveys are created in forms.app promotes innovation and development. You can start your own development journey today and open the doors of constant progress. Start creating your own restaurant survey here!