While most people invest their money in real estate, some do not even make an effort to manage it. Buying a house is also one of the investment tools and is frequently preferred by many people. Although renting a house as an investment is a very popular means of income, it also causes many problems for the landlord. Problems such as being overcrowded at home, underpaying the deposit, and delaying the rent are the main problems. For this reason, landlords have to take precautions before renting out their homes.
Rental agreements are actually a document that protects not only the landlords but also the tenants in many ways. Regardless of whether you are a tenant before or not, anyone looking for a house can rent it more safely thanks to the rental agreement. Moreover, rental agreements are also very protective and beneficial for landlords in terms of payments and contracts. Landlords can easily obtain and record a lot of information and documents about their tenants before they rent their houses, thanks to the agreement.
What is a rental agreement?
The rental agreement is a legal document that brings both tenants and landlords together on common ground regarding the rental of a certain object, service, or place. The primary purpose of the agreement is to highlight the main responsibilities of the tenant and prevent future problems.
What is a rental agreement
The relationship between tenant and landlord can be frustrating from time to time, and this tension is often related to the house or paying the rent. In addition to these, The tenant's damaging the home, having a pet, and disturbing the neighbors with loud noises are among the issues that put both parties in a difficult situation.
The use of a rental agreement helps the owner have a smooth relationship without potential problems. Rental contracts are legally binding, so even if there are troubles, landlords can simply get what they are due in court. Therefore, it will be in their own interest for both parties to comply with the rental agreement in order to avoid more major hardships. In fact, the rental agreement has a framework that protects both the tenant and the landlord unless both parties fulfill their responsibilities.
Why is having a rental agreement important?
It is a procedure that should be followed for the benefit of both parties because the rental agreement is legally binding. In order to create an agreement that supports and protects both parties, the terms of this agreement should be developed in consultation with the tenant as well as the landlord. A rental agreement helps you not to experience many problems. The reason why a rental agreement is important is primarily to decide and agree upon:
- Rent details: Rental agreement clarifies important issues such as security deposit, monthly rent, and due date.
- Responsibilities: The rental document states who is responsible for problems in the home. For example, when parts of the house, such as faucets, doors, and roofs, cause any problems, the tenant can request the landlord to repair the house free of charge.
- Lease Terms: It is important to determine the length of stay in the house with the joint decision of the tenant and the landlord.
- Rent increase: While it's a matter of particular interest to tenants, determining the rate of rent increases before moving in is protective for both owners and residents.
- Animals in the house: Although everyone loves animals, some owners may not want you to have animals in their home, so it's important to decide in advance.
- Hospitality rules: Some landlords may not want to give up control even after they have rented their home. Therefore, he may want to mingle with people who come and go to your house or your guests staying at your house. It is the most effortless move for everyone to specify in the agreement to avoid problems.
- Detail of security deposit: This clause protects more landlords, and so it requires the renter to pay in case of damage to the home
How to create a rental agreement form for free
If you own a property or are a real estate agent, you will definitely need to create rental agreement forms, but if you have no idea how to do it, you can prepare your form in a few easy steps in forms.app. Moreover, these forms are much more suitable for renting online because the tenant candidates who see the houses on the internet may want to make the agreements quickly thanks to the online forms. This type of lease agreement is a very necessary approach for property management, especially for landlords, because in this way, legal problems can be prevented much earlier.
Although lease agreement forms appear to be used only for landlords and tenants, in fact, anyone who does rental business can use these agreements and should use them to protect themselves. Renting a room or a car is as important as renting a house, and it is a rental business that requires people to make an agreement beforehand. With the completely free rental application form creator, forms.app, you can easily create forms without risking your investment. Here are the steps on how to create your lease agreement form with forms.app and what features you can add:
1 - Firstly, open forms.app on mobile or on the browser.
2 - Select rental forms from the templates page.
3 - Choose one of the ready-made templates according to your taste.
4 - Add or subtract questions from the ready-made template as you wish.
5 - Change the color of the form from the themes section if you want.
6 - Add the welcome or thank you page from the settings section if you wish.
7 - Add terms & conditions describing the details of the agreement.
8 - Add the electronic signature because electronic signatures are legally binding.
9 - Customize your form for better results.
10 - Finally, share with your customers or tenants.
How to create a rental agreement form on forms.app
What to include in your rental agreement?
If you have questions about what to include in the contract, don't worry, forms.app is at your side. If you want to rent your investment without loss, it is very important to prepare a powerful lease agreement. Using features such as adding a signature and customizing your survey design are also included in a powerful form preparation stage. Don't forget to add the following to the lease agreement, in case there is any problem in the rental process, to solve it easily thanks to the contract.
- Parties of the contract: The names of the owner and the lessor must be on the page.
- Contact addresses of the parties: Communication options such as phone number, e-mail address, and home address should be added so that both parties can be reached easily when needed.
- Lease Term: For the benefit of both parties, it is important to determine the rental period in advance.
- Amount of rent: The monthly rent that the tenant must pay should be clearly stated in the contract.
- Security deposit: The cost of the security deposit and the conditions under which the tenant can get the deposit back should be stated.
- Rent increase: Once a year or every 6 months, the owner must specify how much percent he will increase the rent.
- Use of facilities: If any, the conditions under which facilities such as pools, gardens, and gyms will be used should be specified.
- Rules for animals: The owner can allow or prohibit animals on his property. Therefore, it should be expressed in the contract.
- Rules for guests: The host may not want long or short-term guests on his property, so conditions must be defined.
- Payment dates and method: It should be determined on which dates and by which method the tenant will pay the rent.
- Late rent payments: The landlord should express in the lease agreement how he will proceed with late-paid rents.
- Responsibilities for malfunctions: Which faults are the landlord's responsibility and which faults are the tenant's duty should be agreed upon in the contract.
Free rental agreement form templates
If you want to rent a property and need to prepare a lease agreement before the tenant moves in, forms.app has a lot of features for you. As a best and free form creation application, forms.app has many form examples for your rental agreements. With this wide variety of ready-made templates, you will save a lot of time while preparing forms. Even if you do not have an idea about the lease agreement, you can create it quickly because it contains many necessary questions in the template examples.
In addition, you can design and modify ready-made templates according to your own taste. For example, you can change the form's colors and add different questions. By adding the legally binding electronic signature field to the ready template, your lease agreement will appear as serious as it should be. With the terms and conditions field, you can add all the rules and responsibilities you want in your rental agreement to your ready template. Moreover, you can customize other features in the ready-made template and easily share it with anyone you want.
So, rental agreements are an issue that concerns not only landlords and tenants but also everyone involved in the rental business. Creating this agreement between the two parties is a must because, in a way, this form acts as a shield. One of the reasons why it is a shield is that you are renting your most valuable investment to people you have never met before, and if any harm comes to this investment, you should find an interlocutor. In this case, the interlocutor you need will be legal remedies.
That's why the electronic signature and terms and conditions part that you need to add to the rental agreement is very vital. The tenant confirms that he has read and understood the terms and conditions fields and all responsibilities and obligations. In addition, signing signatures online is as equal to the wet signature, and there is no legal difference. If you want to prepare a rental agreement, download and use forms.app without wasting time and start creating your form by choosing one of the ready-made templates: