A church is a sacred place where people gather around their similar beliefs, but it is still a place that has to be managed in order to create a welcoming space. When a survey is used to collect people’s opinions, it is a winning combination to ensure success.
That is why we have gathered more than 40 membership survey question examples for you to use in your next church survey. After going through the questions and reading our explanation of how to create, building your own survey will be no trouble!
A church membership survey is a type of survey where church administrators can ask members of their church some questions and collect feedback about their overall satisfaction.
In the survey, the survey taker can ask the members about their event attendance frequencies, comments on church leadership, spiritual growth, and how people feel about their overall experience during church.
A survey for church members is always a good idea for improving the church, and it would give out the best survey results when an online church survey questionnaire template is used to make it easier. Additionally, we have gathered more than 40 questions to ask church members that you can use on your next survey!
There are different questions that one can ask in their questionnaire, and it depends on the target audience and what you want to achieve. For example, when creating a new church member questionnaire or a church member information form, it makes sense to ask questions to get to know about their personalities and expectations.
And when creating a feedback survey for long-term members, you can ask them if they are satisfied with the changes and whether or not they want new changes, too. So, let us get started with the general survey questions with some answer options.
These church survey questions can be asked to first-time visitors to get to know them. But it is also a good idea to ask existing members regularly to see whether or not things improve or worsen over time.
1. In which age range you are?
2. What brought you to our church in the first place?
3. Do you feel welcome when you come to the church?
4. Is there any way you would like to contribute?
5. How well do you like our music?
6. What is your opinion on the length of our sermons?
7. How long have you been a member of this church?
8. What motivates you to go to church?
A church membership survey question
Survey questions for church members that you can ask about how members feel about the overall church experience and what they think if they attend events regularly. These questions can basically be about any topic. Here are some examples:
9. Do you feel like a part of a community?
10. How likely are you to recommend our services?
11. Do you feel like this church cares about you?
12. In your opinion, how well do you comprehend the mission of our church?
13. Which amenities of the church do you enjoy the most?
14. Is there any activity or service you would like to see happen?
15. Does our music resonate with you?
16. What aspect of our services do you dislike the most?
17. Do you feel engaged in the church?
18. Would you recommend our services to others?
19. Do you think your interactions with other churchcomers are positive?
A survey question for church members
These questions are for when you want to collect opinions about the church's physical aspects, accommodations, and environment. Asking feedback questions gives the members a voice to express their views.
20. Did you have trouble locating any areas that you needed?
21. Do you think any improvements are needed in the decor?
22. Are you able to find someone to talk to in your time of need?
23. Do you have any suggestions to create a more welcoming experience?
24. Do you feel that your work as a volunteer is appreciated?
25. Can you share overall feedback on your views on the church?
26. Do you think the church is being kept clean enough?
27. When you need to find something, can you easily spot the person responsible for it?
28. Do you think the parking area is spacious enough?
29. Do you have any comments about the food/beverages presented in activities?
30. In what way has our church positively impacted your spiritual journey?
31. Are there any parts of our worship services you make the most use of?
32. Do you think the communication within the church community needs improvement in any aspect?
33. Do you feel comfortable reaching out to church leaders?
34. Are there any concerns you have about the administration of the church?
35. Are there any activities you would like to see added or taken away from the yearly program?
36. Do you think the church’s contribution to the community is adequate?
37. Are there any events that were personally impactful on you?
38. How effective do you find the church’s outreach program?
39. Do you propose any additions to the outreach program?
40. Do you have any suggestions to improve the sense of community within church members?
41. Do you think the church is welcoming towards newcomers?
A feedback question for church survey
Creating surveys can be easier with the tools you make use of. You can go old school and use the pen-and-paper method, but it results in too much work in the end. Instead, you can use a smart survey maker, such as forms.app, and its 1000+ survey templates to get started with an online survey. Now, let us see some steps to how to create your church membership survey.
1. Go to forms.app and log into your account. (If you do not have an account, it takes seconds to create one.)
Log into your account
2. Click on the “templates” section and find the best survey template for your goal. forms.app has a ready-to-use church membership survey template.
Open your church membership survey
3. Add or delete the questions on the template however you like.
Adding questions to your church survey
4. Customize the design of the survey.
Customizing the design of your survey
5. Finalize it and make sure it is working before sending it out.
Preview your survey
6. Start collecting the opinions of your fellow church members.
Review your church survey responses
When you have your questions ready and choose your survey maker, it should not be a problem to collect valuable data in the minds of your members. However, by being mindful of some tips, you can maximize the results collected with each survey. These tips are:
When you ask people about their opinions on any given subject, they feel valued and heard. And what better way to do it than using an online survey? It takes minutes to create one with the help of forms.app, and it is free to use for everyone.
We gathered these 40+ questions to help you with your next church survey. You can collect valuable feedback and make changes accordingly. Follow the steps and tips above, and start sending out your online surveys!
Defne is a content writer at forms.app. She is also a translator specializing in literary translation. Defne loves reading, writing, and translating professionally and as a hobby. Her expertise lies in survey research, research methodologies, content writing, and translation.