Stress has a significant impact on students, just like everybody. Because of feeling stressed, students' success is affected to a large extent. There are lots of sources of stress that trigger stress, and school might be one of them. To help students with their mental health wellness, schools should present their students with survey questions about stress to collect necessary feedback.
Once schools want to raise awareness of stress and give a hand to them in this issue, it is necessary for them to share stress-related survey questions with their students. If schools attempt to reduce the stress level of the students, asking students stress survey questions will be an excellent start.
In this article, you will learn about what is a stress survey, why you need to measure it regularly, the best 50+ stress survey questions to ask students, and finally, how to make one!
A stress survey is a document that collects feedback from people to look for the root of the stress affecting their work, school, etc. A stress survey can quickly assess and analyze anxiety levels and reasons. After the survey, some ways outs for stress management can be discovered according to the survey result.
The definition of a stress survey
A stress survey questionnaire can include kind of questions that measures how stress affects work or school. For that reason, especially stress survey for students is an excellent way to show students that they care about and are working hard to reduce the stress (no matter the source) in their lives.
Undeniably, stress is a considerable factor affecting the lives of students. There are already lots of things in the students’ lives that stress them out, so collecting data regularly by asking them stress questions and trying to find a way out will relieve their stress, needless to say.
Pew Research Center points out that anxiety is a major problem for 70% of U.S. teens. In addition, another statistic proves that in high school, 45% of pupils report feeling stressed out nearly daily.
As unlucky as it is, this rate shows the seriousness of the situation. So, measuring students' stress regularly and following the process closely will help you collect better data and create better solutions for them.
Finding the right questions to ask students about stress might confuse you since there are many ways to measure stress. For this reason, we have divided the questions about stress according to their category.
Initially, starting by asking general questions about stress would be an excellent choice. Later, you can ask more detailed questions about teachers, friendships, and family. According to your aim of collecting feedback, here are the most essential 50+ stress survey questions for students:
Asking some basic questions to measure their stress would be a good beginning. Also, asking them a rating or “yes/no” questions will be easy for them to fill in. In this way, they will be more comfortable since the students will not have to give details. You can see 20 basic questions about general questions for your stress survey below:
1. What grade are you level in?
2. How often do you feel stress in your life?
3. Do you feel overwhelmed because of school?
4. Do you get mental support?
5. Do you use social media? If so, how does it affect your mental health?
6. Do the assignments stress you out?
7. Is stress a powerful aspect of your success?
8. Do you get enough pocket money?
9. Do you have a separate room in your house?
10. Do you attend classes regularly?
11. I often feel depressed.
12. I feel insecure about my physical appearance.
13. I have regular sleep hours.
14. I have a health condition that affects my life.
16. I use pills for my mental health.
17. I know how to deal with stress.
18. I can control my thoughts.
19. Nobody puts pressure on me to perform well on tests.
20. I am happy with who I am.
* * *
Teachers have a powerful impact on the lives of students, needless to say. This impact might be both good and harmful. To measure the teachers’ approaches to the students and test the methods of teachers, you should ask the students stress survey questions about their relationship with teachers. Here are the essential stress survey questions about student and teacher relationships:
21. I feel my teachers understand me.
22. I can share my opinions with my teachers easily.
23. I have a favorite teacher.
24. My teachers appreciate my success.
25. My teachers shout in class.
26. I think my teachers are well-equipped enough.
27. I can ask questions to my teacher comfortably.
28. My teachers are not a source of stress for me.
29. My teachers are concerned with my success.
30. My teachers are making my anxiety worse.
* * *
Friendships give directions in our lives in many areas; however, young people's friendships might be more complicated and fragile than it is. They might take it more seriously and deeply, so their relationship with friends might affect their stress levels. You can find some rating questions about friendship below:
31. I have enough friends.
32. I am good at making friends.
33. I have never been bullied.
34. My classmates have never assaulted me.
35. Classmates are not a source of stress for me.
36. Relationship with my friends decreases my anxiety.
37. I believe I have good social skills.
38. Relationship with my friends increases my anxiety.
39. My friends motivate me.
40. I also meet my friends after school.
41. I have witnessed bullying before.
42. Spending time with my friends reduces my stress.
43. I have been outcasted before.
* * *
Especially in the teenage era, students might have difficulty communicating with their family members, which enormously influences their stress levels. Asking some questions about their relationship with the family might help you understand how they affect the student’s stress. The most crucial stress survey questions about family are listed here:
44. Does your family pressure you to succeed?
45. Does your family have an impact on your stress?
46. Do your parents allow time for you?
47. Do your parents reflect on their job stress or any negativity in their work life?
48. From 1 to 10, how would you rate your relationship with your family?
49. How does your relationship with your family affect your stress level?
50. Do your parents attend parent meetings?
You are now prepared to design your stress survey using an online survey tool, like forms.app, since you have an idea of the questions to include. Utilizing an online survey is crucial for gathering free, need-based input. You may simply complete the following steps if you want to make your stress survey or access survey templates:
To begin with, you have two options: either start from scratch or choose a template. Starting from scratch will let you choose the specifics of the survey. Nevertheless, you may have a positive effect after selecting a ready-to-use survey template. You may also immediately take advantage of the simplicity of creation using AI.
Choose a starting point to start creating your survey
You may add your questions to your stress survey based on your requirements and preferences. You should choose the appropriate questions for your survey from the titles, which include general questions, family, teacher, and friends.
Add your stress survey questions
You need not worry if you have made headway in creating your online survey but still want to make modifications since you can alter the survey’s visual look. You might change the colors, background, font style and size, etc.
Customize your school stress survey
The most satisfying step of the survey-creation process is checking and sharing it with others since you will see that your efforts are genuinely appreciated, and you will be pleased to learn how near you are to helping your students!
Share your survey with teachers and students
To wrap it all up, stress surveys are fantastic tools to gauge how stressed out your students are, needless to say. When used properly, these surveys can find the reason behind the students' stress, and you can help them cope with it.
With this article, you can learn the must-ask 50+ stress survey questions and how to create an online survey. Act now if you want to help your students to study in a stress-free environment!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.