Why use an online rental verification form?
If you are a landlord or a real estate agent, you know not to rent your place to everyone. Some people might be problematic to have as tenants. An obvious nuisance might even affect the price of the property in the future. So, when there’s a new applicant, it’s only natural that landlords and real estate agents would want to know more about them. This includes background checks and rental history. A rental verification form is helpful for that. By communicating with the former landlord of the potential tenant, you can decide if it’s worth renting the place to the person. It is also possible that this form can come into use for the tenant as well. If they are a responsible tenant, then it only makes it easier to come into an agreement.
How to create an online rental verification form?
Since as a landlord or a real estate agent you want to know the most about the potential tenant, you need this form to be informative. forms.app’s features and easy-to-use interface will help you create the agreement forms you want. Let’s give some information about what you need in an online rental verification form.
- Firstly, include tenant information: We need the tenant’s name, previous address, in and out dates(not needed if they still live there).
- Since we’re about the money, the amount of rent they pay: The money that the tenant paid for intervals of time is an indicator of whether they have the financial capacity for your property.
- Ask if they paid rent on time: This will make us know if the potential tenant is consistent with their payment. If this is a no, alarm bells are ringing. Let’s go on though.
- Amount of times they were late: This is more telling of their responsibility. If they are “consistent” with their payments, well.
- Ask if they followed the predetermined rules: It’s your property. You have rules, maybe it’s an apartment building and there are rules for each member. See if they were abiding by those.
- Property care, damage, wear: How did they treat the property? Was there anything gone? Did they keep it clean and well?
- Would you rent them again: This is a good question to ask someone’s former landlord, especially when you are one yourself.
These all are things we include in our online rental verification form template. You can also add anything and everything that you think is important. Easy to use tools of forms.app will help you add questions, add provisioned questions, dropboxes, anything that you can use.
How to customize and share the form?
After you’re done with the questions, whether you use the rental verification form template as it is or did some changes, go to the design tab, and do whatever you’d like to do. There are lots of themes, colors, and features for you to make an online form beautiful and professional to the eyes. When everything is finished, send the online form by either using the share button or copying the url. You will get notified soon as the other party completes the form.