Every business or company wants motivated employees as team members because it is essential for professional development. Employees with high motivation will reflect their productivity in the work. Similarly, low motivation will bring cons.
Once you decide to help and test employee retention, you must share a questionnaire on employee motivation with them. If you do not know where to start, no worries because this article will cover the explanation of what motivates employees with a questionnaire, 40+ motivation survey questions for employees, and more tips!
An employee motivation survey is a method for gathering information about employee experience, employee engagement, and employee happiness. With the help of the questions, you can test and learn their mental health or level of retention.
Companies use employee motivation surveys in order to measure employees and help them employees if there is a situation related to work or a current problem. Also, it is a good tool for boosting employee engagement.
In order to understand whether your employees are happy with their current situation and employee wellness, you need to ask types of question that aims to gather information about the motivation directly. Have a look at excellent 40+ employee survey question examples:
1. What is your position?
2. Do you believe that you have a social life and work-life balance?
3. How do you feel comfortable talking to your managers or leaders?
4. What/Who is your motivator at work?
5. Do you think you have career growth?
6. What do you do for your mental health?
7. Does your family support you?
8. Does your friends support you?
9. Does your co-workers support you?
10. How happy are you with your life?
11. How happy are you with your job?
12. Do you believe your success is appreciated enough?
13. What do you do when you feel down?
14. What makes you feel depressed?
15. How do you like to socialize?
16. What motivates you at work?
17. What demotivates you at work?
18. Can you share a specific experience that demotivated you?
19. What level of satisfaction do you have with our company’s terms?
20. What inspires you?
21. Do you think we offer the necessary opportunities for your motivation?
22. Do you think you are cared about?
23. Do you believe your position requires you to improve yourself?
24. Do you believe your position in our company allows you to achieve your goals?
25. How does the job affect your self-esteem?
26. How often do you feel exhausted?
27. How often do you go to the gym/do sports?
28. How often do you go out?
29. Do you think your job is stressful?
30. How do you manage work stress?
31. How satisfied are you with your salary?
32. When was the last time you got a promotion?
33. How do you get along with your co-workers?
34. Does the work environment motivate you?
35. At work, how do you feel comfortable?
36. Have you ever experienced an adverse event with your manager?
37. Have you ever experienced an adverse event with your co-worker?
38. Do you have any close friends from work?
39. From 1-10, how are you motivated?
40. If you have any further comments, please let us know.
Apart from employee wellness or other employee survey questions, employee motivation survey questions do really matter for you to gather data about your motivation survey. Also, it is essential to prepare a proper one for your company. Each company has its own priorities or needs, so you should pay attention to these facts. Now that you have your questions, here is 4 basic step for you to create your own employee motivation survey:
Start creating using AI if you want to take advantage of the modern feature. If you want to pick each detail, you should start from scratch. You may also use ready-to-use employee feedback survey templates.
Choose how you like to create your employee motivation survey
You can choose single-answer or open-ended questions from the list given above as you wish. After that, you can change the look of your employee motivation survey. The background, font, theme, and everything is up to you. You can also add your logo to the survey.
Add questions to your survey and change the design
With calculating feature of forms.app, you can calculate survey results with the help of auto-scoring. Also, do not forget that you can add a condition question, and in case of receiving a negative answer, you can want them to give a detailed explanation related to the issue.
Add conditions and assign points to questions
In the final step, you can share your employee motivation survey with your target on different platforms.
Share or embed your employee motivation survey
We have talked about the importance of employee motivation. You might want to improve employee motivation, but how? If you want some recommendations, here are some tips for you to follow:
Last but not least, paying attention to employee motivation is essential. Employees with high motivation will also perform better. If you want to test your employees’ level of motivation, all you need to do is to create an employee motivation survey with the help of an online tool. Your job will be much easier since you have read so far!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.