Customer feedback is one of a company's most essential and vital data. It allows you to collect not only the good experience of the customer but also the bad experience. With the help of all these useful data you have gathered for your company, it will allow you to gain loyal customers and increase customer retention.
To access all these exclusive advantages and find your best guide, we have gathered the best 50+ customer feedback statistics in 2023 for great insights. After reading the article, with all these valuable statistics, you will be able to better decide for the good of your company and understand the importance of customer feedback.
Checking the relevant statistics is the first step for anyone who wishes to master the subject from all angles. Only in this way can it be approached professionally and seen scientifically. Checking client feedback statistics will help you to:
For these reasons, as long as you follow up with some definite techniques while checking customer feedback statistics, you can take advantage of these customer data and grow your business faster.
Statistics about customer feedback will allow you to realize your missing sides to lessen them or know your loved services or products. If you want to be better at what you do and improve your service or products, you need to check these 50+ customer feedback statistics:
As long as you know how to listen to them, each piece of customer feedback carries importance since they all have personalized experiences. If you can read these experiences well and learn your lessons like a professional by making self-criticism, you can collect lots of valuable insights to grow your business.
Here are general statistics about customer feedback to help you to broaden your horizons:
1. When a consumer has a query for customer service, 90% of customers deem an “immediate” answer to be vital or extremely important. The definition of “immediate” for 60% of consumers is 10 minutes or less. (HubSpot)
2. Issue resolution is seen by 90% of consumers as being the most important customer service concern. (KPMG)
3. More than 70% of customers think businesses ought to collaborate together so they do not have to repeat information to several reps. (Zendesk)
4. Nearly 90% of customers have faith in a business to meet their demands if they have given it a “very good” rating for a service. (Qualtrics XM Institue)
5. 70% of clients claim that technology makes it easy to move their company to a rival if necessary. (SalesForce)
6. A consumer with a service-related issue is four times more likely to move to a rival. (Bain & Company)
7. When clients are unhappy with service, they transfer brands 34% of the time. (Verint)
8. Businesses that prioritize the customer experience get 4-8% better revenue growth than the rest of their success. (Bain &Company)
9. Compared to just 36% in 2010, two-thirds of businesses compete on customer experience. (Gartner)
10. 69% of American customers spend more money with businesses that provide dependable in-store and online experiences. (Forrester)
11. Businesses that employ tools like customer journey maps lower their service costs by 15% to 20%. (McKinsey)
12. A %10 cost reduction results in the same rise in earnings as a 2% increase in client retention. (SuperOffice)
13. Compared to 18% of customers who had very (Experience Matters)
14. 80% of customers claim that if a brand delivers individualized experiences, they are more inclined to do business with it. (Epsilon)
15. Marketing executives said that their companies’ usage of online consumer data has grown over the last two years, and 70% stated they anticipate using more online data in the following two years. (Duke Fuqua)
Each business likes to hear good comments about themselves, needless to say. People who have good experiences with a brand will share their comments or feelings on social media with their friends or family. When you realize that you start gathering more positive customer feedback, you can understand that you are doing great!
Source: Bright Local
To learn, think, and move according to customer-centric, here are positive customer experience statistics:
16. Customers who receive outstanding customer service from businesses are 93% more likely to make additional purchases from them. (HubSpot)
17. After receiving good customer service, 89% of consumers are more inclined to make another purchase. (SalesForce)
18. Good customer service converts one-time customers into ardent brand defenders for 86% of businesses. (Khoros)
19. A positive encounter keeps you satisfied and pleased, while a negative interaction may make you decide never to do business with that firm again. Due to these extremes, 88% of businesses now prioritize customer experience in their contact centers. (Deloitte)
20. 65% of consumers believe that good customer service is more impactful than effective advertising. (Accenture)
21. When a consumer receives a positive customer experience, 93% of them are inclined to make another purchase from the business. (Zippia)
22. Consumers who have a positive experience with your brand are more likely to make larger purchases. 86% of customers are prepared to pay extra for superior customer service. (PWC)
23. Online reviews are trusted 84% of the time, almost as much as personal recommendations. Positive evaluations greatly impact a company’s sales and client loyalty. (Bright Local)
Despite the fact that negative customer feedback can be demoralizing for your brand or business, you can take advantage of them. Instead of focusing on the negative part, you can learn many lessons from negative feedback coming from customers and prevent them from switching to a competitor.
To consider negative customer feedback from a different point of view, have a look at these negative customer feedback statistics:
24. Compared to 18% of customers who had a very negative experience, 87% of customers who said they had a very wonderful experience will return to the business and make another purchase. (Experience Matters)
25. Customers cite 28% who have to repeat giving information as the most aggravating feature of bad customer service, followed by 39% who cite a customer service agent's lack of expertise. (Zippia)
26. Poor customer experiences have a lasting impact since 65% of consumers have gone to a new brand, and 67% have told others about their terrible experiences. (Khoros)
27. When customers have a bad experience, they usually tell 16 people about it. (Monitor Deloitte)
28. It takes 12 great interactions to make up for a bad transaction for every bad customer experience. (Glance)
29. 72% of American consumers report having posted a review for a local business, making reviews one of the most common forms of customer contact. (Bright Local)
30. In 12 months, 47% of the respondents said they decided to quit doing business with a brand due to poor customer service. (Microsoft)
31. 14% of business professionals experience a service issue with a communication channel every week, resulting in a momentary crisis in communications. (Nextiva)
32. It takes 12 great interactions to make up for a bad transaction for every bad customer experience. (Glance)
33. Customers all throughout the world said 56% of organizations with poor customer experiences have lost their businesses. (Microsoft)
34. It was avoidable for 85% of customers who left because of poor customer service. (Kolsky)
35. Only 1 consumer in every 26 is likely to voice a complaint. The other 25 clients will just and silently move their business elsewhere. (CXM)
Every company wants to satisfy its customers in terms of service or products. Artificial intelligence techniques, including chatbots, are used to increase customer satisfaction. Anything that is done should be for the customer’s sake to improve the purchase decisions. So, customer satisfaction is pretty important for the sales process.
Source: CX Trends
If you want to broaden your horizons, you need to have a look at these customer satisfaction statistics:
36. A satisfying customer service experience, according to 81% of customers, motivates them to make further purchases. (CX Trends)
37. 70% claim to have chosen products based on the quality of the customer service. (CX Trends)
38. Growth in sales is fueled by customer satisfaction. Businesses report seeing improved revenue as a result of strong customer service in 64% of cases. (CX Trends)
39. Thanks to outstanding customer service, 74% of customers are ready to ignore the faults of the businesses. (CX Trends)
40. Companies that generate $1 billion in revenue yearly may anticipate earning an average of $700 million more after investing in the customer experience after three years. (Temkin Group)
41. Compared to the 81% of customers who contact businesses via online chat or live assistance, just 52% of customer care personnel do so. (Salesforce)
43. For customer support, millennials favor live chat over all other forms of contact. (Comm100)
44. Due to lengthy wait times, 21% of patients visiting hospital pharmacies chose to fill their prescriptions elsewhere. (Sage Journals)
45. 70% of dissatisfied customers whose issues are remedied are prepared to do business with a company once more. (Glance)
47. 84% of clients report that their most recent encounter with customer service did not meet their expectations. (Harvard Business Review)
48. The most common cause for clients to switch services and products is feeling unappreciated. (New Voice Media)
49. According to 33% of respondents, customers' biggest source of dissatisfaction is waiting on hold and having to repeat themselves to different support agents. (HubSpot)
50. Less than one-third of businesses provide self-service solutions like a knowledge base, despite the fact that 69% of customers attempt to address their problems on their own initially. (Zendesk)
Now that you have excellent statistics, it is time to use them. Knowing these statistics alone will not help you, of course. The point is to have the ability to use them. While checking these customer feedback statistics, maybe you want to take away these key points:
As we have discussed so far, the importance of collecting customer feedback is undeniable. Creating a well-prepared form is important, and it is easy to do using our online tool, forms.app, which allows you to create customer feedback forms according to your needs.
In short, paying attention to customer feedback is vital for your company because it reflects the true feelings and comments towards you. If one wants to improve product and service representatives to present people with better goods and service them in a greater way, s/he should trust the statistics and gather reliable data.
We have presented you with the most essential customer feedback statistics that can guide you. If you want to learn more, you should also have a look at our article on customer service statistics. Those who act professionally and know that there are no elevators to success will take advantage of these 50+ customer feedback statistics!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.