Today, the most valued companies, including Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft, accept customer satisfaction as a decisive factor in short and long-term success. They constantly use surveys to assess their relations with customers and gather insights about customer experience. That’s why the companies seek out every way possible to gather customer feedback.
“We want to hear from as many customers as possible, so we are always optimizing for response rates, even if that means a lower score.”
Gathering feedback from customers allows you to rate your current status and improve the overall experience by making adjustments to your products or services. In fact, client satisfaction surveys can be the main driver for development and innovation after the core adjustments. Let's get right into it and discover your true potential with free customer satisfaction surveys.
Why conduct customer satisfaction surveys?
Your customers are the best and true indicators of your success. If they are happy with your product or service and find the overall experience satisfactory, it truly means you or your product are good in the area. That’s why customer feedback will always show you the big picture and help you find the points you should improve. Here are some key reasons why you should use customer feedback surveys:
Gather invaluable feedback
Did you know that companies today pay a great deal for audits? It is true, and they may be helpful for companies to build a strategy. However, there is another and completely free way to do this. Yes, conducting customer satisfaction surveys will ultimately point out your strengths and weaknesses. In fact, you won’t believe how effective they are with the customer satisfaction metrics.
Increase brand awareness
Expanding your business and reaching new customers highly depends on customer satisfaction and brand awareness. Once people start to recognize your brand products, the expanding process will become faster. Moreover, using surveys will not only help you assess the awareness but increase it as well.
Anticipate customer journey
If you desire to expand your customer base and turn your current customers into loyal ones, then you have to anticipate their journey and create separate strategies for the phases. By learning their experiences, you can simulate their journeys and learn more about your clients’ behavior. This will even help you prepare various surveys and forms for different stages in their journey to get detailed feedback.
Improve the brand image
A wise man once said, “The customers’ perception is your reality.” Asking people what they think about your products or services will show that you value their opinions. Therefore, you will get two birds with one survey; that is, you will both collect necessary feedback to improve your products and start building a great image while doing so.
Improving customer satisfaction with forms.app
Thanks to customer satisfaction surveys, you can build strong relations with your customers and increase overall satisfaction. In the same way, you can create excellent surveys thanks to forms.app’s vast library of customer satisfaction survey examples. However, it does not end only with the survey templates, as a free survey maker, forms.app provides all the necessary editing and customizing features for you.
Once you start creating your first customer feedback survey, forms.app will offer you the best features to make your survey legendary. Similarly, you will experience a smooth process when sharing your survey and later on reviewing the survey responses. Here are some of the great features you will get with forms.app:
- Fast and effective form fields, such as rating scales and selection matrix
- Allowing multiple choices in your questionnaire
- Asking open-ended questions and collecting detailed feedback
- An easy-to-navigate results and statistics page
- Adding Welcome and Thank You Pages for the survey respondents
Best practices when creating a customer satisfaction survey
Selecting the right template and deciding on a survey type constitute half of the creating process. Once they are completed, you will have the best features on forms.app and act on your survey goals. For example, you will be able to change the field type from a selection to text with a couple of clicks. Furthermore, you can step up your game by paying attention to these points:
- Only ask relevant survey questions and keep them short
- You can use different surveys for measuring their effectiveness, a.k.a A/B Testing
- Motivate your customers to fill out your surveys by offering them something in return
- Choose your form design according to your area
Customer satisfaction survey templates free
To help you create your surveys quicker and easier, forms.app has built a great library of customer satisfaction survey samples. These templates, such as the Client Feedback Form Template or Customer Satisfaction Survey Template, include the most common questions for measuring customer satisfaction. Using these templates lets you see the types of questions you may ask, and it is easy to edit them with a few quick steps.
Moreover, you will have access to free form themes to customize your survey designs quickly. So, you can choose an appropriate form design for your business literally in seconds. Not to mention you always have the option to customize your form manually. It is quite safe to say that forms.app offers all you need when it comes to forms and surveys. Now, let’s look at a few sample questions and give your surveys a solid boost.
Sample customer satisfaction survey questions
Form fields and questions in your customer satisfaction survey can differ according to the business area, your position in the market, and some other elements. For instance, questions in the survey for the actual product or service will be different from customer service satisfaction survey questions. The same goes for unrelated market fields, such as restaurant survey questions and questions for SaaS companies.
There are, however, some common proven questions you may want to use in your surveys. These questions are field-tested and constantly used by big companies, thanks to their effectiveness. Without further ado, let us get right into these questions and see how you can utilize them!
- Does the product or service help you achieve your goals?
- How can we improve the product?
- What features would you like to be added to the product?
- Can you achieve your goals by using this service or product?
- How likely are you to recommend our services to your friends or colleagues?
- Do you find it easy to use our products or services?
- Which features do you find the most valuable?
- Have you ever faced any difficulties when using the products or services?
- Which feature do you use the most often in your workflow?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with the product experience?
- Have you found our customer support useful?
- How likely are you to use our products or services again?
- What are your reasons for choosing our product over a competitor’s?
- Would you like us to contact you to follow up on these answers?
- When did you first hear about our product or services?
Popular customer satisfaction metrics
When creating a survey or poll online, it is best to apply proven methods. Customer satisfaction metrics are certainly among them. By using surveys and adding some specific questions, you can quickly gather all the data for these metrics. These will help you pinpoint your status and tell you if everything is alright. Here are four favorite metrics you may want to use in your surveys:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): People share things they like. By discovering how likely your customers are to recommend your product to their friends and people around them, you will also learn how satisfied they are. Net promoter score is a brilliant metric to determine satisfaction levels.
- Customer Effort Score (CES): No matter what your services or products are, providing a smooth experience plays a huge role in repurchases made by your customers. By asking a simple question, such as “how easy was it to solve your problem with our products?” you can collect sufficient data for a customer effort score. Moreover, make sure to consider the distribution in the answers, as well as the average score.
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT): Alongside NPS, it is one of the most commonly used metrics. It is possible to use CSAT in many forms, such as star ratings, opinion scales, and more. One detail, however, is that it is better to add a free space where your customers can express their opinions while giving you a certain score.
- Churn Rate: People sometimes, for various reasons, stop using some products or choosing others. Calculating the churn rate will give you the total number or the percentage of lost customers. By gathering data about this issue and offering an exit survey will help you find your weaknesses and improve your strategies for the better.
Create your first customer satisfaction survey today
With the power of forms.app, you can create an excellent customer satisfaction survey in minutes with nothing more than a few clicks. Our library is full of ready-to-use templates that are easy to edit and customize for any use case or type of company. If you want something even easier, generate your own custom surveys without any need for coding experience at all! Which template has caught your attention so far? What’s your favorite way to measure customer satisfaction? Create one now by signing up for forms.app now!