What is a medical intake form?
A medical intake form is a document used to collect information about a patient's health history, including current health problems and medications. The form is also used to record the patient's contact information, insurance information, and other relevant data. This online medical history form may be completed by the patient, or a health care provider may collect the information during a medical visit.
The purpose of this type of inquiry form is to provide a comprehensive record of the patient's health history. This information can be used to diagnose and treat current health problems, as well as to identify potential risk factors for future health problems. The medical intake form is an important part of the patient's health record, and it should be updated as needed to reflect any changes in the patient's health status.
What does a typical medical intake form include?
Similar to a patient intake form, a medical intake form is basically a way to collect information. As the nature of their job requires, physicians need every bit of relevant information to make the right decisions. This secure online medical intake form template comes with common form questions and form fields. And here are some of the questions you can ask with an intake form online:
- Patient forms usually start with questions for collecting personal information, such as name, address, and phone number. Additionally, you can ask them to add an emergency contact, for any unforeseen event.
- Depending on the age of the individual there may be other sections containing consent for treatment or parental permission for minors.
- This document should ask for a list of current symptoms, allergies, and current medications the patient is taking. This may include a description of the problem, as well as when it began and any aggravating or relieving factors.
- Alongside current illnesses, one can add questions about the individual's medical history, as well. This may include past surgeries, hospitalizations, illnesses, and/or injuries. The questions in this section may also ask about family history of specific medical conditions.
- It is also possible to allow your patients to upload some fields. For example, you can ask them to send you diagnostic tests and results. This may include information about blood tests, X-rays, or scans that have been ordered.