What is an essay form?
An essay form is an online exam used by instructors or teachers to test their student’s essay writing skills. These essays, which can be on subjects such as history, literature, and foreign language, can also be used as a preliminary exam to prepare the student for another exam. Test your students now with an online essay form!
Essay forms are not only an exam, but they are always ready to be used as an application where you can improve your students' writing skills. You can test your students anytime and anywhere with the online essay form, whether they are in a classroom or in their own homes.
How can I create my essay form?
Even someone who does not know much about using computers can easily create an essay form. You just need to find a free online form-making site like forms.app. After that, if you follow the guides under the template you want to use, you can easily create your form.
- Firstly, register or log in to your forms.app account. Because in order to use the template, you must first be registered.
- Use the essay form template on this page for a quick start or create a blank page. If you use the template prepared by forms.app, you will spend less time editing form fields.
- Edit the parts you want to change on the Edit page. You can make a title page and essay outline for the use of your students.
- Design your essay. For example, you can add your institution’s logo as the background.
- Adjust the settings. You can enable notifications to get informed when you receive a new form from your students.
- Share your essay form, whether by a direct link, social media or send it via e-mail.
Tips for a perfect essay form
An essay comes with rules. Everyone's writing in a different format can lead to negative consequences for the evaluator. Therefore, it would be appropriate for the person who created the essay form to specify the essay format beforehand.
- Provide extra space by adding a long text field for students who want to write a long and detailed essay.
- You can provide your students with instructions on MLA Formatting on the Settings page by enabling the welcome page.
- Preview your essay form before sharing it with your students by clicking on the eye icon. So you can see your mistakes and correct them.
Why make an online essay form?
Today, most teachers already prepare their exams and documents on computers. They then print out these documents and distribute them to their students. But is it necessary to go to all this trouble? You can make your work easier with an online form-building site like forms.app. There are some benefits for both you and your students:
- Using a keyboard is less tiring than using a pen. Therefore, your students will write their essays without getting bored and tired.
- From the Results page of your form, you can check what your students have submitted anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
- Unlike paper documents, you do not have to worry about carrying or losing online documents.
- You can adjust the Schedule settings. You can start sharing your exam and end the submission for your exam at a certain time and date.
- You can convert the exam format you have prepared on your computer into an essay form in a very short time.