The human brain is an incredible organ. It’s capable of feats that boggle the mind, like understanding complex concepts and solving difficult problems. But even more amazing is the brain’s ability to learn. We can learn new things at any age, and there are no limits to what we can learn. The key is finding ways to make learning fun and interactive. That’s where trivia quizzes come in.
Trivia quizzes are a great way to learn new information in a fun and engaging way. If you're looking for a fun and interactive way to spice up your educational content, consider incorporating trivia quizzes into your lesson plans. Not only are they a great way to engage your audience, but they can also help reinforce learning. Quizzes are perfect for courses, seminars, and other events. You will learn how to make a trivia game online in this article.
The benefits of trivia quizzes for learning
One of the biggest advantages of online trivia quizzes is that they attract students' attention to a great extent. Since these quizzes take place online, an environment that children are already familiar with, it encourages them to take quizzes.
The absence of grade anxiety also enables students to be more successful. In fact, in a study about this, it is remarked that “the mean percentage correct on quizzes was higher during the game condition than in the no-game condition”. In addition, the feeling of competition that comes with knowing more questions and earning points is an element that encourages students. The prompt disclosure of the results at the end of the quiz allows students to immediately realize their mistakes and discuss the questions with their friends so that the questions and answers remain in the minds of the students.
How to create a trivia quiz
forms.app is a decent trivia game maker, there you can create a fun quiz easily. Thanks to easy settings and uses of forms.app, you can quickly prepare a quiz on any topic with the themes you want. Now, all you have to do is create a trivia quiz template and get started.
1. Open a trivia quiz maker, like forms.app. Of course, there are other online quiz makers, but forms.app provides a nice user experience and helps you create better forms with no effort.
2. Determine the subject of your online quiz, so you can find the appropriate template for your quiz topic and name your quiz.
3. Add your questions and answers. There are many questions and answer types to choose from.
4. Design your quiz and add interesting images which can capture students' attention. forms.app offers a wide variety of design options like backgrounds, font types, and colors.
5. And lastly, share your quiz directly with your students, share it on any social media platform, or embed it on your website.
Tips for creating engaging and fun quizzes
You may think that you have prepared a good quiz with the basic features, but there are still some parts that you may have missed. Especially if you're going to use a quiz maker like forms.app, there are some points you need to know about fun quizzes. Eventually, you can enhance your quiz by following our humble tips and tricks below.
- Don't ask too easy questions: questions that everyone knows can't measure students’ level and, on the contrary, it discourages them.
- Use a free template on forms.app: this will help you quickly create an online quiz for any topic you want.
- Choose the right field types: On the edit page, make sure to add the right field types for your questions (short text, long text, single selection, multiple selections, picture selection etc.).
- Enable the Welcome Page: With a Welcome Page, you can give a warm welcome to your visitors and write a description.
- Customize the Thank-You Page: Here, you can write a final note for those who finished the quiz. And making it fun will make students want to do it again in the future. If you use the calculator feature, you can also show scores or custom messages as well.
- Add conditions to your quiz: For example, you can set it to finish the quiz when the student makes a mistake, like in the millionaire quiz show.
- Use the calculator: By assigning points to the answers, you can enable the students to see the score they got at the end of the quiz. You can also set thank you page messages for certain score ranges.
Today, the ease and variety of making online trivia quizzes and how to make learning fun with them, especially by using templates of forms.app is explained in the article. It is covered why students love these quizzes and how they will contribute to education.
To show all these in action, we have created a history quiz. You can try your history knowledge and check how we used forms.app’s great features. You can also import it by clicking on the three-dot in the upper corner and simply edit it to create your own quiz. So, give it a try now!