A work environment is a place where people spend most of their time. For that reason, work might be a great source of stress for many people. It is the company’s job to share job stress survey questions with its workers in order to create a better and more peaceful working environment for its workers.
When a company prepares a questionnaire on the job stress of employees, it will have an excellent chance to prove that the company cares about its employees. When the company makes decisions according to the questionnaire results for stress at the workplace, they will have less stressful and more happy employees.
In this article, we have listed 50+ great survey questions about stress with their explained definition and a guide to creating a questionnaire for stress at the workplace!
A work stress questionnaire, also known as the job stress survey and employee stress questionnaire, is a document that gathers opinions from people to measure and identify the source of the stress that is damaging their productivity at work. A work stress questionnaire may evaluate and swiftly measure stress levels and potential causes. The poll results can help you decide the various strategies for stress management.
The definition of a work stress questionnaire
A study done in the U.S. shows that 50% of workers claim they lose one to five hours of work every week due to stress. This considerable rate proves the dark side of stress and how it affects the mentality of the workers. Survey questions for stress in the workplace might help the workers substantially.
Stress can have many roots, not only one. For that reason, when choosing stress-related survey questions, it is important not to forget that there are multiple causes that trigger workplace stress. For your stress assessment, we have listed the best 50+ questions for an employee stress survey for you to create, quickly assess and analyze:
Finding reasons behind the stress might be confusing; however, it would be an excellent choice to start by asking questions about background information. Before going into too much detail, you should use general information in your survey questionnaires. Here are the questions for your stress survey to get background information:
1. Which position do you currently work in?
2. How long have you been working with us?
3. Can you get by easily?
4. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
5. How often do you feel stressed?
The working environment is a powerful aspect that affects the worker's stress level. If the working atmosphere is a factor that negatively affects the worker and decreases productivity, you should definitely ask job stress questions about the work environment:
6. Do you think your work environment is spacious?
7. Do you have personal belongings on your table?
8. Is there anything you think should be in the office?
9. What do you like about our office?
10. What do you dislike about our office?
11. Do the colors in the office affect your mood?
12. Do you think you have enough equipment to do your job?
13. Are you satisfied with your workspace?
* * *
Asking the questions to your workers about how they feel about their position or testing if they have anxiety about losing their job is good for your stress meter. Here are the questions related to job opportunities for your employee stress survey:
14. Are you afraid of losing your job?
15. Do you see a future with us?
16. Do you think you are doing your job properly?
17. Do you believe you are knowledgeable enough in your position?
18. What are your strengths for your position?
We can say that this part is the heart of the stress survey because all the key questions and basic inquiries are in the “stress questions about the work-life.” If you are looking for the key point questions for your stress survey questionnaire, have a look at the questions below:
19. Does your job make you feel stressed?
20. Do you fully understand your responsibilities?
21. Do you feel overwhelmed due to being given too many responsibilities?
22. Does the work negatively affect your sleep?
23. From 1 to 10, how stressful is your job, in your opinion?
24. What is the best part of your job?
25. What is the worst part of your job?
26. Do you feel anxious while doing your job?
27. Do you have a fear of doing something wrong while working?
28. How long have you been dealing with work-related stress?
29. Are you pleased with the break hours?
* * *
The stress of the employee might not be work-rooted. They might have difficulty in their personal lives, too. Asking them some stressful questions about their personal life and trying to find solutions or presenting answers will be excellent for the employees. See the stress questions about personal life below:
30. Are you happy with who you are?
31. Do you consider yourself successful?
32. Do you live alone?
33. Do you have a relationship?
34. How would you rate your social life?
35. Do you think that you have social anxiety?
The mentality of the employee is such a critical element for their stress. Once they have a good mentality, they will be better at managing their stress. Good employees with a strong mentality are also very influential for the company. You can use single selection or selection matrix fields to add these questions. You can find the mental health questions for your stress survey below:
36. My job badly affects my health.
37. I regularly use pills for my mental health.
38. I get mental support.
39. My job makes me overthinker.
40. My managers make me overthinker.
41. I often feel depressed.
42. I do not have enough time for my hobbies.
43. I can cope with my own struggles on my own.
* * *
Good health also means a less stressful life. A serious health problem will be a concerning issue for the worker, needless to say. As a company, it is essential for you to have general information about the health of the workers. You can see the basic stress questions about general health below:
44. Do you have a serious health issue?
45. Do you regularly use pills?
46. Can you eat healthily enough during work hours?
47. Do you eat too many snacks while working?
48. Is stress a factor in your eating?
49. Do you work out?
50. Do you smoke?
Since you know what is a stress survey and the essential questions to ask in your survey, you can start creating yours now! When you follow some basic steps, you can easily create a stress survey for your employees according to your demands and choices. Here are the instructions for creating a work stress survey by using an online survey tool, like forms.app step by step:
If you want to benefit from the latest technology, you can simply start by generating with AI that gives excellent survey templates in a short time. Also, you can choose a template and make changes to it. Moreover, you can start from scratch by deciding on each detail about it.
Choose a creating option
Questions can be regarded as the most critical part. While selecting them, do not forget your needs and preferences. Hesitate from asking too many questions and avoid asking preliminary questions. Fortunately, you are lucky because you have lots of options above that we have prepared for you!
Add your own employee stress questions
If you want to make changes to the survey, you can easily do it in this step. You can easily change the survey's looks, from the colors to the font or any little detail. You can personalize your survey by adding details and letting your creativity speak!
Customize how your survey looks
Finally, be sure to check your work stress survey for inaccuracies by proofreading it because you want to share a survey with mistakes. After that, you may share the survey with your target. Once you share the link, you may benefit from the ease of our online survey on workplace stress!
Choose a suitable sharing method for your survey
Last but not least, employee stress surveys are really helpful for both employees and employers since no employers want to run a business that is made up of stressful workers. Additionally, it will have a great opportunity to demonstrate that the company values its workers. Now that you know the essential questions for your survey and how to make one, act without losing time!
Şeyma is a content writer at forms.app. She loves art and traveling. She is passionate about reading and writing. Şeyma has expertise in surveys, survey questions, giveaways, statistics, and online forms.